Official National Hockey League Thread

The Islanders are a team that have historically given the Pens problems, especially in recent years. There a few teams that seem to just play the Pens hard no matter what.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 56m56 minutes ago
Pavel Datsyuk upon seeing Justin Abdelkader with his bobblehead: "First time your head is up, Abby."

lmao

I'm surprised that Crosby haven't received a puck to the face by the Islanders yet...

Or diagnosed with terminal brain cancer or killed in a car accident or decapitated with skate or put into a coma or confined to a wheelchair from being paralyzed from the neck down. But don't worry it's a long season anything can happen.

Yeah I get that Pittsburgh has a curse over them but my point were more that Crosby has been taking the puck to the face twice and both times were just against the Islanders.

Yes I know which is part of that curse. He's actually been hit in the face multiple times before and most if not all of them were against the Islanders.

This has been a weird season so far. I have a hard time telling if teams like Nashville or NYI are for real.

Nashville is for real, they made some good acquisitions in the off season. Especially the Filip Forsberg trade. What was Washington thinking? And Pekka Rinne looks like he's in total form.

Yeah Poile made all kinds of great moves. Laviolette, Roy, Ribiero for dirt cheap and the Neal trade is working for both teams. Rinne is always awesome just was hurt last year, I wanna see that small market and southern team go deep in the playoffs. Good for the NHL

They're building the team to be contenders in a few years

The prospect pool they've got is really damn impressive

Yeah we should have taken Demko with our 2nd last year instead of Lemeiux but what can ya do..I am an Enroth fan though, I think he is at least a Brian Elliot type

He needs more consistency for that.
I doubt that Neuvirth and Enroth will ever be anything to really go with and Makarov seems to have slowed down progression wise so a trade for a better goalie or draft a promising one is something Buffalo will have to do before being contenders, otherwise that will just be their huge weakness.