Official National Hockey League Thread

Eh his even strength 5v5 sv% is pretty samey all the time, just having a rough year PP wise. We have the SHL goalie of the year in our system, Linus Ullmark, I think this is his last year in MODO. We also have the USHL goalie of the year and now Notre Dame starting goalie in Cal Petersen. We have some options but no true #1, in my opinion, in our system

It was a sad day in hockey today, the passing of hockey legend and tremendous leader Jean Beliveau. :( R.I.P.

I remember stories that my dad told me one time. Apparently when the Habs were choosing the captain for the team the players voted on who they thought should be captain and mostly everyone on the team picked Jean Beliveau.

Coach told him his teamates picked him to be captain. He refused to take the captaincy, the coach responded "Then you go tell the guys who hand picked you to be their captain and tell them you refuse to be their captain."

And as it turns out he ended up to be the greatest leader the game has ever seen.

R.I.P. Mr. Jean Beliveau

Not to disrespect him or anything, but
And as it turns out he ended up to be the greatest leader the game has ever seen.

There is a reason Yzerman is know as The Captain

EDIT: Yeah, Howe recently suffered another massive stroke

Why the fuck is Brodeur still playing? Someone needs to drag his geezer ass to the fucking retirement home and make him call it quits for god sakes. A bunch of records and stanley cups not good enough for him or something? Speaking of old farts who need to quit playing. I love Jagr though and always will but I also love this hit that he just so happened to be on the receiving end tonight of against the pens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foCJqUxXhpk

Huge hit. Probably one the nastiest hits I've seen on Jagr, courtesy of Robert Bortuzzo.

I'm not sure if the tanking teams really know what they're doing. I think they saw that Pittsburgh and Chicago got really bad and then really good because the top picks became superstars, but there's a lot of smart trades and signings that went into their success too. I don't think the Hawks win their first cup without the money to sign Hossa, or the smarts to get Sharp on the cheap. Several other key role players were brought in on the cheap and then sold high later on. There's nothing to suggest that teams like Edmonton and Buffalo have the money to add a premier free agent nor the scouting acumen to make the mid-level acquisitions that make or break a contender.

I'm not sure if the tanking teams really know what they're doing. I think they saw that Pittsburgh and Chicago got really bad and then really good because the top picks became superstars, but there's a lot of smart trades and signings that went into their success too. I don't think the Hawks win their first cup without the money to sign Hossa, or the smarts to get Sharp on the cheap. Several other key role players were brought in on the cheap and then sold high later on. There's nothing to suggest that teams like Edmonton and Buffalo have the money to add a premier free agent nor the scouting acumen to make the mid-level acquisitions that make or break a contender.

Say what you want about Edmonton because they're trash and will continue to be so, but Buffalo is really working at turning things around and look to be able to do just that in a year or two.

Why the fuck is Brodeur still playing? Someone needs to drag his geezer ass to the fucking retirement home and make him call it quits for god sakes. A bunch of records and stanley cups not good enough for him or something? Speaking of old farts who need to quit playing. I love Jagr though and always will but I also love this hit that he just so happened to be on the receiving end tonight of against the pens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foCJqUxXhpk

Huge hit. Probably one the nastiest hits I've seen on Jagr, courtesy of Robert Bortuzzo.

1. Headshot
2. Brodeur's time is out but Jagr is still a great player so stfu.

Not to disrespect him or anything, but

There is a reason Yzerman is know as The Captain

EDIT: Yeah, Howe recently suffered another massive stroke

It's a nickname dude lol...

The guy has 17 Stanley Cups in his name a record that will never be broken, I think he takes over Yzerman's "The Captain" credentials anyday.

And I'm not dissing Yzerman the guy was a tremendous leader there is no doubt about it.

to pull a quote from CBC

"Like millions of hockey fans who followed the life and the career of Jean Beliveau, the Canadiens today mourn the passing of a man whose contribution to the development of our sport and our society was unmeasurable," team owner Geoff Molson said in a statement posted on the Canadiens' website.

"Jean Beliveau was a great leader, a gentleman and arguably the greatest ambassador our game has ever known," Molson added.

I'm surprised Jack Edwards said something nice in a tweet lol:

"All hockey fans mourn the loss of the great Jean Beliveau at age 83. He broke Bruins' fans hearts but was the ultimate sportsman. RIP."

No need because I know that Jagr still are a great player. 67 points last season and 15 points in 25 games this season. If he keeps it up I see no reason why he couldn't go another season or two.

Sick of this fucking roadtrip, Montreal can't seem to catch a break, the refs were also shit that game way too many missed calls. That penalty on Subban that caused the 3-3 game was an awful call.

fucking Blues
Finally pull out of their awful slump by beating the Islanders
Unfortunately they played one of their worst periods in a long time in the 1st. wow it was bad.
They allowed 3 goals and Jake Allen had to be pulled.
They ended up putting Marty Brodeur in and the team played really well.
Other than the refs making a phantom call on Stastny for tripping and the Islanders getting a PP goal.

Great goals by Tarasenko and Stastny
Hopefully they start playing well again.