Backes to Bruins.
Ladd to Islanders.
Boedker to Sharks.
Eriksson to Canucks.
Nielsen to Red Wings.
Lucic to Oilers.
Reimer to Panthers.
Brouwer to Flames.

So pretty much every relevant names from FA are now signed. This is going to be a long off-season...

What a shitshow of an off season for the Wings.

Strike out on Stamkos so resign Helm for way too long and too much money, Nielsen for way too long, Vanek is whatever, and fucking Steve Ott? The fuck Holland?

Montreal got a pretty sweet deal with Radulov. Either they get a 60-70 point player they can re-sign next year, or if he fucks up in some way like he's done several times before, it's still only 5.75M for one season.

What a shitshow of an off season for the Wings.

Strike out on Stamkos so resign Helm for way too long and too much money, Nielsen for way too long, Vanek is whatever, and fucking Steve Ott? The fuck Holland?

Don't know why the Wings didn't go after Loui Eriksson either, or why he didn't seek out the Wings. The Canucks got a good deal with him but he's too old now to still be good once the team itself is good again (like in 5-6 years at the very least). Or maybe I should say, 6x6 in a vacuum is a good deal for Loui Eriksson because he's one of the best two-way wingers in the NHL when not affected by concussions like he was two years ago, but the deal is not that good for the Canucks in particular. Detroit would've been a better fit.

Last edited:
Don't know why the Wings didn't go after Loui Eriksson either, or why he didn't seek out the Wings. The Canucks got a good deal with him but he's too old now to still be good once the team itself is good again (like in 5-6 years at the very least).

Simple, he wants to play with the Sedins.

Montreal got a pretty sweet deal with Radulov. Either they get a 60-70 point player they can re-sign next year, or if he fucks up in some way like he's done several times before, it's still only 5.75M for one season.

I don't know man. It's a huge gamble for that kind of money. They could of signed Okposo or Eriksson for longer because they are proven. In terms of talent Radulov was the best available by far, if he puts his antics aside and becomes the player that he was destined to be when he was drafted. Montreal gets a top 6 scoring winger that they desperately needed. I'm really looking forward to see how all these drastic changes are gonna work for this team.

So one of my favorite Rangers players got traded away but I'm still excited over this deal. We got someone who's younger, bigger, better at faceoffs AND had almost the same offensive year. And a 2nd round pick too? Ottawa got fleeced on this deal.

So one of my favorite Rangers players got traded away but I'm still excited over this deal. We got someone who's younger, bigger, better at faceoffs AND had almost the same offensive year. And a 2nd round pick too? Ottawa got fleeced on this deal.

Yeah, that was an odd deal for Ottawa to make. Brassard and Zibanejad are pretty much equal as players at the present and the only thing that sets them apart is age, which mean Zibanejad is the obvious better choice in the long run.

Yeah, that was an odd deal for Ottawa to make. Brassard and Zibanejad are pretty much equal as players at the present and the only thing that sets them apart is age, which mean Zibanejad is the obvious better choice in the long run.
It would have been a different story if Ottawa were a Cup contender but right now they are a wild card team at best. Brassard have playoff experience and are reliable to score in the playoffs so since Ottawa are not even near the Cup and yet they seem to have a 'win now' mentality... they have a lot of work to do to get anywhere and I'm wondering what the hell their GM is thinking right now...

The World Cup is coming soon. My ranking of the teams:

1. Canada - No weaknesses, even on the bottom lines or among third goalies. I don't think losing Jamie Benn and Duncan Keith even impacts such a stacked team tbh. Bouwmeester over Subban makes sense since Bouwmeester shoots left.
2. Sweden - Might have the best defense in the tournament after replacing Kronwall with Lindholm while Canada lost Keith. Forwards lack the star power of some of the other teams but the depth is very good. Will be in trouble if Lundqvist gets hurt though, the backups are bad.
3. USA - Great goaltending and allround great two-way team. The U23 NA omissions and some odd roster selections bring them down a bit though. No Kessel?
4. Russia - Awesome top 6, worse bottom 6 and meh defense. Overrated team.
5. Finland - Going through a transition as a hockey country which means their best players are either too young or too old. Always plays great as a team though.
6. U23 NA - Some of the best top end talent in the world with McDavid, Gaudreau and Eichel but lacks on defense and goaltending.
7. Czech Republic - Hit pretty hard with injuries on Krejci, Hertl and Gudas. They would've needed them plus Jagr to have a shot.
8. Team Europe - They have nothing apart from Kopitar and Josi, plus they don't have much to play for. I don't think they'll win a single game. I think the only reason Team Europe even exists is so Kopitar can get a chance to play in a big tournament for once.

Last edited:
The World Cup is coming soon. My ranking of the teams:
6. U23 NA - Some of the best top end talent in the world with McDavid, Gaudreau and Eichel but lacks on defense and goaltending.

Lacks on Defense? What lol... Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Seth Jones, Ryan Murray, Colton Parayko, Morgan Rielly, Jacob Trouba... That's hardly a weak defense. Ok just because they play on bad teams besides Ekblad... Those other 6 guys are outstanding and are pretty much the future of Defense.

And I don't think they lack on goaltending. Matt Murray just won a Stanley Cup he'll be fine. and their backups are pretty good too, Gibson and Hellebyuck their pretty solid goalies. They are going to surprise teams, because they are going into this tournament with pretty much nothing to lose and they'll want to show just how good the future looks lol.

The only real issue I see with Team North America is their line combinations, pretty much none of these guys played with eachother on the junior level.

Lacks on Defense? What lol... Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Seth Jones, Ryan Murray, Colton Parayko, Morgan Rielly, Jacob Trouba... That's hardly a weak defense. Ok just because they play on bad teams besides Ekblad... Those other 6 guys are outstanding and are pretty much the future of Defense.

This isn't about age and potential, it's about how they actually stack up against other teams in a couple of weeks.

Muzzin - Doughty
Vlasic - Weber
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Price

Karlsson - Hjalmarsson
Hedman - Strålman
OEL - Lindholm
Lundqvist

McDonagh - Carlson
Suter - Byfuglien
J. Johnson - E. Johnson
Bishop

Not even close to those.

I know they won't win the whole thing, but if you think for a second these guys don't have a chance at showing they can hang with the big boys, it's absolutely ridiculous .

I know they won't win the whole thing, but if you think for a second these guys don't have a chance at showing they can hang with the big boys, it's absolutely ridiculous .

They have a chance if they play with a chip on their shoulders while the other teams don't. Don't know how the older players really feel about this tournament.

That was a hell of a game, Lundqvist was a boss and bought us the group win. Hopefully Finland beats Russia tomorrow so NA advances too.

There's the reason EDM won't get anywhere. Edmonton once again got absolutely robbed and this time by the Blues. But I still don't get this trade, Blues are really stacked on forwards, how are they expecting to play Yakupov properly so he can evolve?

How does Edmonton lose out on this trade? Sure he's probably worth more than what they got but he's a cancer in the room and for 3 years he's done absolutely nothing.

But honestly that trade was made to make room for Kris Russell. Edmonton won't be finishing at the bottom of the standings this year just watch.

But honestly that trade was made to make room for Kris Russell. Edmonton won't be finishing at the bottom of the standings this year just watch.
Oh they will, they're pathetic enough for that. Also Kris Russell isn't worth moving a player just to sign him. Edmonton traded Hall and Yakupov for Larsson, a 3rd round prosoect who haven't done well in the juniors and a 3rd or 2nd round pick, well done Edmonton you fucked up once again.