True Metal Show in Jonesboro, GA @ Breakers Oct 20th

monstershredder0003 said:
unfortunately I'm only 16!!!!

sorry to all the less-than-18 folks. I wish I had some pull, but I don't own the club. I am merely helping line a few great bands up to play one awesome night. :kickass:

pssst... I'm very close to adding one more band that I think will appeal greatly to many folks on these forums. :cool:

Hmmm... Will have to keep that date in mind. Jonesboro is hell and gone from Woodstock, but I'd like to see Devane and Halcyon Way again.

Has anyone been to Breakers recently? Last time I was there was several years ago, and I remember the sound/layout being particularly awful.

--Mike

yeah breakers is a long haul from woodstock...we know...we rehearse in woodstock...lol...as for the other band?..the 4th band?...ive heard rumors...and if they are correct...yeah it'll be a show not to miss...someone we have never played with before...as for breakers?...i was there last year and they had gotten a new pa from erik of stereomud...were still figuring it out...but they've had time by now...lol...i do like that the tix prices are less...the darkside in marietta seems to want to charge 10 bucks for every show now...and while i like us and halcyon way...10 bucks for local bands seems a little...ummm...much to me personally...i must be old school...lmao...what else?...oh yeah...we'll get down there to wrek with at least some cd's...prob 2 weeks before the show...if we're lucky our NEW DRUMMER (yes you read that right) will be joining us...oh...and we're working on something a little special for the show...a tune nobody has heard...and that includes james and kathy...cant explain now...but we're trying hard to get it in shape for the show...time will tell...and thank you to all of you even considering coming out...peace...d.m.

october_small.jpg

Wishmaster said:
Has anyone been to Breakers recently? Last time I was there was several years ago, and I remember the sound/layout being particularly awful.

--Mike

In 2003 or 2004 they built a new stage which is much much larger than their original one. I don't know if you've been there since they built it. Sound is alright.

diablomozart said:
yeah breakers is a long haul from woodstock...we know...we rehearse in woodstock...lol...

It's an even longer haul from Auburn. o_O

as for breakers?...i was there last year and they had gotten a new pa from erik of stereomud...

--Who once opened (in his prior band) for either Savatage or Fates, at the Outer Edge.

what else?...oh yeah...we'll get down there to wrek with at least some cd's...prob 2 weeks before the show...if we're lucky our NEW DRUMMER (yes you read that right) will be joining us...

Cool, just keep us apprised, and have the station number handy so you can call to get in. The nearest outside door to the studio locks at midnight. :erk:

Wishmaster said:
Hmmm... Will have to keep that date in mind. Jonesboro is hell and gone from Woodstock, but I'd like to see Devane and Halcyon Way again.

--Mike

The layout is probably the same but they are under new management. And we haven't played there yet, under this new management. So sorry I couldn't tell you more. But I would imagine its better than before.

It will be great to see you all there (LINDA!) It will help cure my post partem ProgPower disorder. Expect some team ups between the bands for this show.

alright, I have just received confirmation... so I can now proudly announce the band that will be joining Unreal, Halcyon Way, and Devane for the show at Breakers on Oct 20th is... Fresh off their performance at the ProgPower USA VII Pre-Show Party...

332452864_l.gif

Many thanks to Matt Smith for contacting me about joining the bill. And as T.C.S. of Devane has already mentioned, this will be a show not to miss due to some unique songs and cross-performances between a couple of the bands. And it would be a great way to get over the post-ProgPower depression, as Sean Shields pointed out.

So let's all converge on Breakers in Jonesboro on the 20th and show them how the ProgPower family RAWKS!!! :kickass:

HUZZAH!!!

diablomozart said:
as for breakers?...i was there last year and they had gotten a new pa from erik of stereomud...were still figuring it out...but they've had time by now...lol...

I thought the sound was really good when you guys played there :headbang: ; I liked the layout, as well. I wonder if the new management is still selling used cars in the parking lot :lol:

diablomozart said:
if we're lucky our NEW DRUMMER (yes you read that right) will be joining us...oh...and we're working on something a little special for the show...a tune nobody has heard...and that includes james and kathy...cant explain now...but we're trying hard to get it in shape for the show...time will tell...and thank you to all of you even considering coming out...peace...d.m.

New drummer??? Can't wait to meet the new guy, and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the NEW TUNE!!!!!!! :kickass:

wow, Erik Rodgers, have not heard that name in a long time... have not seen him around in forever....

diablomozart said:
yeah breakers is a long haul from woodstock...we know...we rehearse in woodstock...lol...as for the other band?..the 4th band?...ive heard rumors...and if they are correct...yeah it'll be a show not to miss...someone we have never played with before...as for breakers?...i was there last year and they had gotten a new pa from erik of stereomud...were still figuring it out...but they've had time by now...lol...i do like that the tix prices are less...the darkside in marietta seems to want to charge 10 bucks for every show now...and while i like us and halcyon way...10 bucks for local bands seems a little...ummm...much to me personally...i must be old school...lmao...what else?...oh yeah...we'll get down there to wrek with at least some cd's...prob 2 weeks before the show...if we're lucky our NEW DRUMMER (yes you read that right) will be joining us...oh...and we're working on something a little special for the show...a tune nobody has heard...and that includes james and kathy...cant explain now...but we're trying hard to get it in shape for the show...time will tell...and thank you to all of you even considering coming out...peace...d.m.

last i heard erik was still doing the valet at the cheetah...cheney isnt in soundevice anymore (eriks most recent band)...aside from that i know very little of him and havent talked to him in a while myself...we would occasionally run into each other but i wouldnt call us friends...more like "hey i seen you around somewhere dude"...lol...d.m.

102006_4bandsweb.jpg