True Metal Show in Jonesboro, GA @ Breakers Oct 20th

Pellaz said:
...now I'm curious if anyone tried to listen to the live streaming, and whether it was working. (Many people, even locals, tell us that the live streaming often sounds better than the actual over-the-air broadcast.)

it's a conspiracy! :Smug: I tried listening through streaming and never could connect after a half-dozen attempts. I finally had to give up. And I have no radio here in my basement so I couldn't tune into the show at all that night. And now you're saying the archive is screwed too? :erk:

a conspiracy, I tell you. *grumbles*

Pellaz said:
I was going to suggest that those who missed it go ahead and listen to the archive, but I just looked at the archive directory and it looks like the archiver failed sometime before midnight on Friday.....so, no archive. I was looking forward to listening to it, since it was pretty madcap weirdness for a while. :heh:

Dangit, now I'm curious if anyone tried to listen to the live streaming, and whether it was working. (Many people, even locals, tell us that the live streaming often sounds better than the actual over-the-air broadcast.)

I was listening to the radio, so I didn't even check the site on Friday night.

I tried to dig in to the archive yesterday, and noticed that the 13th ends with 20:30, and the 14th doesn't start until 08:31, so I was definitely wondering what happened...sounds like some kind of Friday the 13th spookiness :lol:

Rider of Theli said:
it's a conspiracy! :Smug: I tried listening through streaming and never could connect after a half-dozen attempts. I finally had to give up. And I have no radio here in my basement so I couldn't tune into the show at all that night. And now you're saying the archive is screwed too? :erk:

a conspiracy, I tell you. *grumbles*

Yep, as I feared, both the live stream and the archiver were down. :(

Well, that explains why there were fewer calls than normal...and here I thought it was due to Tech being on fall break! :) (This is a bit of a joke, as fewer than half of Tech's students even know the radio station exists.)

Tonight's the night! Can I get a roll call? :headbang: I will be there.

I can't wait to see Devane and Halcyon Way tear the roof off of Breakers. And it will be nothing short of spectacular to see Theocracy again after their ProgPower appearance.

C'mon folks. I assisted with putting this line-up together. Let's get out and support our local ATL metal! :kickass:

This was posted by Matt in the Theocracy forum. "Unfortunately, Josh (bass) had a death in the family and won't be able to make it, but we're still looking forward to having a great time. I may end up playing bass, so it may be a disaster, but we'll do our best regardless."

So expect a trio from Theocracy tonight with Matt possibly playing bass! :)

Nightmare1z said:
This was posted by Matt in the Theocracy forum. "Unfortunately, Josh (bass) had a death in the family and won't be able to make it, but we're still looking forward to having a great time. I may end up playing bass, so it may be a disaster, but we'll do our best regardless."

So expect a trio from Theocracy tonight with Matt possibly playing bass! :)

yep, was on my way to post this myself after getting details from Matt this morning. Thanks. :)

and I look forward to catching up with all of you at the show. I may not arrive until about 9PM myself. So look for me - sans kilt - after that time. Please say 'hi' if I don't recognize you right away. Check the 'Hoyt' link below to know what I look like. :headbang: I'll be the short-haired, slightly overweight, nerdy-looking dude at the show tonight. LOL

Can't wait to see you at the show tonight, Hoyt! This will be great.

PS We're celebrating Justin (jimbob323)'s 19th birthday. :kickass:

mtndewqueen88 said:
Can't wait to see you at the show tonight, Hoyt! This will be great.

PS We're celebrating Justin (jimbob323)'s 19th birthday. :kickass:

woohoo! sounds like an excuse to PARTY!!! :headbang:

bday.gif

i'm not sure i can make it tonight....:lol: ...mucho thanks to hoyt and mustang sally for putting this together...should be a killer night...been over two years since we played breakers and hope everyone has a great time...see ya there...d.m.

Due to many circumstances beyond my control, I will not be able to be at the show tonight:

It is fall break for my school (University of South Carolina)…my plan for today was to actually be in Charleston, SC with my girlfriend (a worthwhile venture to say the least). Anyway, that plan got nixed because of a situation with a school project that I needed to be working on this weekend. I have to shoot a news story for my TV production class. So I decided to shoot the Columbia Zoo’s Halloween festival.

I thought this festival was yesterday, but it was actually today.:erk: So I’m shooting it tonight. So not only will I not be able to attend this SHOW (which will be awesome, for anyone who hasn’t already seen Theocracy, Devane, or HW), I also won’t be able to see my girlfriend this weekend…at all. Double whammy of bad luck. :cry:

Anyone who took the time to read this, and is also going to the show (and is of age), please drink a beer for me. Enjoy yourselves.:kickass:

if you missed it, you missed it.

But here are some pics from each band's performance last night at Breakers:

Theocracy - this is something you don't see every day: Matt on bass; Theocracy as a trio; and again here. Those in attendance last night had the priveledge of hearing three new songs! And let me tell you, they were amazing! :worship: The monks were great! And Theocracy put on a great show, despite perhaps 20 folks actually listening to them. And also despite missing Josh due to a death in his family. Our sincere condolences are with him.

Halcyon Way - pwning the stage!
Halcyon Way - as if Sean needs a bullhorn. LOL
Halcyon Way - Glenn holding down the bottom end
Halcyon Way - fantastic lead work by Jon
Halcyon Way - do not ... I repeat do not piss off The Thing!
Halcyon Way - Zane, rhythm, lead, backing vocals, what can't he do?

and of course the incomparable Devane:

their new/original drummer - I'll let Diablo Mozart introduce him.
T.C.S. on guitar - a true wizard with the strings!
Gene on bass - a monster on stage - don't get in his way!

If you haven't seen Devane, you MUST! For a trio of musicians, these guys know how to tear the roof off of a venue! I could easily see them opening the show next year at the Pre-Show Party.

*sigh* :erk: Perhaps next time these bands play locally, more folks can make it out to see them. I hope so. Because Breakers had maybe 50 people in attendance last night, and hardly half of them actually came in to see the bands. But the bands were real troopers regardless. They played their hearts out - each one of them - and they had some great fun on stage. I appreciate them entertaining us for a few hours.

Thank you all.

~Hoyt.