True Metal Show in Jonesboro, GA @ Breakers Oct 20th

diablomozart said:
yeah this is 5th or 6th design so far...to be honest i think im done...it looks final enough to me...lol...d.m.

yeah, that's final enough for me. If someone bows out now, we'll just skin their hides and tattoo the next flyer on that. :heh:

ok, we're about three weeks from this show. Anyone else interested? It'll be a killer show! :kickass: An encore performance from Theocracy... the mighty Devane onstage... and did anyone catch the vocal talents of Sean Shields (Halcyon Way) at the pre-pre-show party? Amazing! :cool:

Rider of Theli said:
ok, we're about three weeks from this show. Anyone else interested? It'll be a killer show! :kickass: An encore performance from Theocracy... the mighty Devane onstage... and did anyone catch the vocal talents of Sean Shields (Halcyon Way) at the pre-pre-show party? Amazing! :cool:

I'm planning on being there, unfortunately I have to leave around 11.30-12ish. :/ (my work schedule sucks).

If I can somehow put in a time off request at work, I'll see about coming to this. I think it'd be a kickass show. Devane really impressed me when I saw them open for Sonata Arctica. It'd be cool to see them and Theocracy again!

What time is the first band going on? Me and a few friends are planning to go but we're not positive about what time we'll be getting off work and arriving.

lignicolos said:
What time is the first band going on? Me and a few friends are planning to go but we're not positive about what time we'll be getting off work and arriving.

9:30 I'm pretty sure. The opening act is a hardcore band called Unreal. The other three bands are pure prog/power. Hope to see you there.

wow...thinking back to sonata arctica...god were we nervous...had never played as a three piece before...i fel like i was gonna have a heart attack when i saw all the people there...was so glad nobody walked away disappointed...and i gotta give props to the guys at the masquerade for that...we had never played there before and had heard all sorts of horror stories...and they ended up being the nicest people...extremely professional...i still look back on that show and smile...and with a bit of amazement that we werent booed off the stage...lol...d.m.

diablomozart said:
oh yeah...looks like we'll be on wrek this friday night too...so if anyone wants to call and give us a hard time...please do so...lol...d.m.

Cool, what time will y'all be stopping by, and who's coming from which bands?

I think Mitch ('official' WREKage deejay) will not be there, so it's possible we'll need someone there to help us stay awake into the wee hours. :lol: ("Coming up, Edge of Sanity's Crimson II......one more time!!" :heh: )

Hey, THIS week maybe we'll announce the freakin' studio phone number earlier in the show. :saint:

so far its me and gene from devane...maybe the new drummer if we can get him out of the house...lol...i havent spoken to the guys in halcyon...maybe i should???...you guys go on at midnight so it'll be shortly after that...if gene dont get his beauty sleep he'll be grumpy...lmao...d.m.

Excellent to see that Devane is stopping by tonight! I was debating whether or not to hang out tonight at WREKage since I'm aiming to be at the airport at 7:15 tomorrow morning, but this cemented it. Cheers for metal causing another night of no sleep! Paul, D.M., see you around midnight.

Katie

hmm, I'm tempted...
however I hate driving, and Jonesboro is far from Chamblee, and I doubt I will be able to drag anyone to the concert with me (and make them drive).
I will think about it though.

Robin

diablomozart said:
mucho thanks to pellaz for having us in the studio last night...we had a blast as always...and thanks to james for calling in...d.m.

It was great catching up with you and Gene (and thanks to Pellaz for playing my request!).

See you guys on Friday!!!!!!! :headbang:

It was a lot of fun, actually. :lol:

I was going to suggest that those who missed it go ahead and listen to the archive, but I just looked at the archive directory and it looks like the archiver failed sometime before midnight on Friday.....so, no archive. I was looking forward to listening to it, since it was pretty madcap weirdness for a while. :heh:

Dangit, now I'm curious if anyone tried to listen to the live streaming, and whether it was working. (Many people, even locals, tell us that the live streaming often sounds better than the actual over-the-air broadcast.)