TSX X30 Thread...Post your clips here!!

Hi erkan, do you still hear this in the newest version(1.01)? and what samplerate do you work on? I haven't noticed it, but please check out future updates and tell me when/if it disappears :p

If you're describing what I think you are.. thats what I love about it. Its not uber smooth on the palm mutes like most other sims. It sounds like a distorted guitar should, imo. But then I'm a drummer, so what do I know ;p

Well, actually it's mostly due to the fact that I'm trying to use the X30 to replace WarpVST for my music and well... WarpVST works differently from any other amp sim I have ever tried so it's no wonder I perceive the X30 as fizzy because Warp is so smooth. I still think a lot of the problem is within my ability to tweak the X30 and I'm in no way "blaming" your amp Onqel =) Not that I think that you think I'm blaming your work, but just to make it clear.

If I DON'T listen to my WarpVST guitar chain as a reference, I can get pretty good tones with the X30 and be happy with it, but as soon as I start referencing my WarpVST tone, I hear all that fizz on the X30 again. Maybe it's the other way around... the WarpVST lacks fizz? =)

warp lacks a lot of things even if it is funny to play with it :)

Yeah tell me about it, I had to work hard on bringing the mid-range up on Warp before it was usable to me. But once I did that, this is what Warp sounds like and I think it fits me and my music very well!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/585020/BilOVE.mp3

I can get a tone similar with the X30 but the low end and the high end on Warp is just beautiful... and the mid range is growling once you manage to fix that and bring up the mids.

Edit: Oh shit, before I forget to add: This is just a scratch track, no bass guitar, programmed drums with AD stock sounds etc etc.. it's just a rough sketch/pre-prod. There, now it feels better :D

Well, actually it's mostly due to the fact that I'm trying to use the X30 to replace WarpVST for my music and well... WarpVST works differently from any other amp sim I have ever tried so it's no wonder I perceive the X30 as fizzy because Warp is so smooth. I still think a lot of the problem is within my ability to tweak the X30 and I'm in no way "blaming" your amp Onqel =) Not that I think that you think I'm blaming your work, but just to make it clear.

If I DON'T listen to my WarpVST guitar chain as a reference, I can get pretty good tones with the X30 and be happy with it, but as soon as I start referencing my WarpVST tone, I hear all that fizz on the X30 again. Maybe it's the other way around... the WarpVST lacks fizz? =)

I don't blame you for blaming the amp ;) There is some fizz/strangeness that I'm working on, but it's not so bad that I concider it as a major issue.. The e530 have been very fizzy on the reamps I've recieved, so I concider some of that to actually be the character of the amp.. But I think you already have found what works best for you ;) Maybe my next amp would fit you better, who knows :saint:

I don't blame you for blaming the amp ;) There is some fizz/strangeness that I'm working on, but it's not so bad that I concider it as a major issue.. The e530 have been very fizzy on the reamps I've recieved, so I concider some of that to actually be the character of the amp.. But I think you already have found what works best for you ;) Maybe my next amp would fit you better, who knows :saint:

I have no doubt the e530 probably is fizzy and I have no doubt that you have accurately modeled that amp. The test you did with the real thing on one side and the sim on the other was just sickeningly accurate so yeah... no doubt about that John :)

Your next amp? Oooh, this makes me curious... =) Well, even if the X30 doesn't fit ME right now, I have no doubts about fitting it in with other projects in the future! It's one hell of a nice amp, no question about it.

I have a feeling the reason they sound so similar is because I boosted them both with a SoloC. the guitar was a Gibson LP Studio with an EMG 85. the C4 was on an FX channel and blended to taste. (guitars were -9.25 and C4 fx channel was -12.5). guitars were dual tracked 100% L&R
Setting here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2752403/TSE-X30-8505-chain.jpg

p.s. I just realized all the knobs were cranked :Smug:

Frankzappa: It's not impossible.. I will continue making plugins for a while;)

Thanks dude, I hope it won't take too long. The problem for me right now is that I have a killer tone for two guitars but what about the other two? We need a good 5150 ampsim :D

Isn't 8505 good? :p

Nope I tried both the 7170 and the 8505 and it sounds crap. Doesn't behave like an amp should, the TSE is the only ampsim that behaves like an amp. The le456 is close too but still not as good.