Tue Madsen

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Hey people

I was just wandering what your thoughts, opinions and experiences with Tue Madsen have been like. He is producing the next Dark Tranquillity which I think is a bit of a tough one, since they stuck with Fredrik for so long.
I recently picked up Poisonblacks' Lust stained dispair, which was my first taste of Tue's work. The best part about the PB album was the tracking as far as I could tell, though he only mixed/ mastered. The mix was a bit... "unrefined" for want of a better word. It had character, but was slightly unbalanced. The compression on the drums is pretty excessive for my tastes.

Anyway, my rant's over. What are your thoguhts? Looknig forward to his work with DT? Like him? Don't? Spill...

one thing i like about his productions/mixes is that they're very vibey

i think he scoops his guitars a little bit too much imo but gives it that edgy/dark vibe to the tone of the album

from what little i've heard of his work (specifically the haunted) i really dislike his production. although the studio he uses (i'm not sure if he owns it) Ant farm studios, is pretty snazzy. I also remember reading that he didn't want the haunted to do guitar solos on their album. That's not cool.

Man, I love Tue's productions. Surely, it's light years from Andy/Colin's kind of polished, transparent sound, a completely different monster altogether - Tue has a very organic, "this was not recorded in a laboratory" kind of sound; think Raunchy, Psyke Project, Disbelief, Leng T'che, not just Mnemic,SOIA and Hatesphere. Top class guy in my book!

are you kidding Keith?? The Haunted production is fantastic... exactly what those albums should sound like.. wouldn't change a damn thing. in Fact, while i like a lot of Tue's work, his work eith The Haunted is my favorite... The Dead Eye is stunning... The Haunted, and Tue, have made an amazing album.

Tue Madsen is the man! I love his production on Threat Signals album, it fits the music perfectly. One of my favorite producers, easily.

The Dead Eye, IMO, is the best sounding Haunted record yet - Killer guitars, killer drums, all around amazing mix.

...and don't forget that according to the DVD that comes with the CD of 'the Dead eye' the drums are completely UN-triggered!!!

Amazing work, in my opinion.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

are you kidding Keith?? The Haunted production is fantastic... exactly what those albums should sound like.. wouldn't change a damn thing. in Fact, while i like a lot of Tue's work, his work eith The Haunted is my favorite... The Dead Eye is stunning... The Haunted, and Tue, have made an amazing album.

personally i just think that one kill wonder and revolver are superior sounding albums. It's a personal preference thing, i mean obviously the guy knows how to make a good sounding record, i just don't think his work compares to their last 2 albums. It may also have to do with the fact that the songwriting isn't what it used to be for me.

completely my opinion, nobody has to agree.

personally i just think that one kill wonder and revolver are superior sounding albums. It's a personal preference thing, i mean obviously the guy knows how to make a good sounding record, i just don't think his work compares to their last 2 albums. It may also have to do with the fact that the songwriting isn't what it used to be for me.

completely my opinion, nobody has to agree.
Well, I'm probably the only one who prefer 'The Haunted Made Me Do it' over all the other albums. Go figure.
Ooops, off topic sorry.