Tug of War revisited

Ouch, difficult question...
I think the "A Blueprint Of The World" is one of the best debut albums ever made, but at the moment, "Tug..." gets my vote for their best overall album.

Wow thats pretty cool, the more time passes the more I appreciate and might agree about BPOTW actually.

Everyone has there favorite but Live at Last is the best place to start because you get everything and it actually sounds pretty damn good for a live disc :)

ich bin besser said:
Ouch, difficult question...
I think the "A Blueprint Of The World" is one of the best debut albums ever made, but at the moment, "Tug..." gets my vote for their best overall album.

Wilbur Crandall said:
Is that the best ENCHANT album? (serious question)

Don't call me Pappy.

@Pappy (Errr...): Definitely one good chance to get into the band, for sure. The first track, "Sinking Sand", is good proof of the mature but heavy sound the band is capable of delivering, and also gives you an excellent insight of what great guitar arrangements should be (love the solos!!).

As I've stated before, "Blueprint...", "Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10" and "Tug Of War" are three outstanding Enchant albums, any of which would be good to get started.

@Ed: Well, yeah, a live album might be a good general overview. However, where other bands need to deliver a bunch of songs (or some albums) to actually make an impression on the audience, I think Enchant count on really catchy songs that might get you in faster than anything. The aforementioned first track from "TOW" is one of them, as well as "What To Say" and "Paint The Picture" would be in "Juggling...".

Needless to say, "Live At Last" provides the essence of the band. :)

|ng.

Motly the older albums are the better ones, but for Tug Of War it's different. I love the old ones, but with every new one you get better!

Comatose still beats the emotional classix like Pure ore Ultimate Gift

Right now i am listening to "Break" all day long. One of the best Enchant albums.. and apparently one of the most underrated :cry:
"My Enemy" is one of the top5 Enchant songs.

I wish the guys played more from that great album when they come around next time :)

ProgMetalFan said:
I've really grown to appreciate "Juggling 9 or Dropping 10" more and more as time passes.
Yeah, likewise. It really took some time to get beyond the muddy production, but the lyrical and emotional content of the songs is beyond any other Enchant album, I think. A few of the songs themselves are a little sub-par, though... for instance, the LAL acoustic version of "Black Eyes..." is much much better than the one from the studio.
I also agree on "Break", which has always been one of my absolute favourite discs by Enchant. I'd die to hear (or see) "In The Dark" or "The Cross" played live.

Break was the first Enchant album I listened to. It pretty quickly convinced me that I needed to own everything.

Tug might be my favorite, although Blueprint would probably earn that title if not for the painful recording quality. =(

Obviously they're all great, of course. =D