Turisas Australian Street Team

small sidenote. shouldnt a street team been organised by the band or at least from their management/label? i mean, you kinda 'semi-official' represent a band. and if you go 'pro' (what a streetteam is, in my opinion) you should get flyers, demo-cds to give away and first hand information about tours and gigs, which need to be coming from the officials?

we've had that discussion too some time ago, building up a worldwide streetteam network, but after all i think we dropped it mainly because its shitloads of organisation work to do and a person needed to sacrifice pretty much time for the streetworkers - no-one really had this back then. you can reach a lot of new fans also without a streetteam, mainly through the official catalogues of the labels, metal magazines, general message boards or oldschool mouth-to-mouth-information.

or do i mix streetteam with fanclub now.. whatever :D

It's definitely an unofficial street team as far as I'm concerned, I should probably put that up though thanks for reminding me ;) - I also run another one for a band which is technically unofficial but has been approved by the band, that one's been going for over two years now. But you are right, to be "official" you do have to go through a whole bunch of red tape with not so much the band but with their label and management etc.

Hmmm...design a brutal sticker about 5cm square, have a link to the MySpace page, and post it everywhere. If one sees it enough, one becomes curious and has a greater chance of remembering the URL.

Sampy Arctica™;7429755 said:
Not very well at all.
I don't think the whole battle/viking/folk metal thing has really caught on in Australia.
Quite unfortunately.
:(

wouldnt count on this tough. the best way to reach as many fans as possible to join the force is if the band itself places an add on their myspace/webpage, usually those things have way more 'readers' than 'posters'. same goes for message boards. but as for this: go official, it's for sure the better option..

Being official isn't the end and be all of everything, I'm unfortunate enough to be on an 'official' ST for a band most of Europe hates, we're official yet get no promtional stuff or support from the record company or management at all.

The reason our team is still together is hard work, at the end of the day its the only thing that will keep you going! Time consuming idea but then nothing is ever easy, add as many aussie metallers as you can find to your page, word will filter out that way.

@The sticker idea is awesome, flyers work too:)

Good Luck!!

Fan clubs you pay for and usually promote themselves whilst being elitist fuckers, ST's are free to join and for promotion of the band:loco:

I'm unfortunate enough to be on an 'official' ST for a band most of Europe hates, we're official yet get no promtional stuff or support from the record company or management at all.

Out of interest, which band is it?

And I know it's not the end of everything etc, but it would make me feel proud to be able to say that we're THE official Aussie ST.

Does that make sense...?

Although, like mentioned before - to go official, I'm sure there's a whole bunch of red tape and hoops people would have to jump through first in regards to the management and/or [most likely] the band's label. There's probably copyright laws and such that wold have to be looked at to find out where our boundaries are and how far we can go with promotion etc.

I like the banner being everywhere approach. I think it's called "the curiosity approach" - something being everywhere enough that a person finally gives in and checks something out, also called that if somebody is told as little as possible while still being enough to intrigue them and make them want to know more...

[/rambling]

is there actually and response to the sent email yet? I am really curious...