Turisas Australian Street Team

No idea.

I know Olli was going to talk to the rest of the band to get their opinion and feedback on it, and Gerrit is also going to further discuss it with Andrew at Wacken when they meet up - Andrew is going to be my "go to" guy for flyers, demo's etc. Gerrit's been really great with it all, he seems super keen for me to do it.

Don't worry - I'll keep you guys posted. :)

The best way to get them to play Australia would be to get them to play Japan or anywhere in the South East Asia region.

This way the extra cost in transport/freight to Australia isn't so bad.

So if you can find an Asian country with a big liking for them try to have them tour there first then take it from there.

We've played with international bands that were only able to draw a few hundred people.

We even played with one international band that had less people stick around to watch them after we got off the stage.

So you can see why many lesser known bands don't tour here as it is not financially viable.

In fact with such great distances between our capital cities it's not financially viable for many Australian bands to tour here.

s

Okay, just keeping you folks updated - for now we are staying unofficial as for the moment there won't be any "official" street teams in any country, but I still have the go ahead to hand out promotional materials/rep. the band out online. And Turisas/management are going to keep an eye on these unofficial teams apparently and see how they go before any official street teams are formed. :)

Sampy didnt know you manage that site, a friend and i are running also a ST..Fanclub? i actually dont have a clear idea, need to ask the rest of us, what the hell we are?, im already on a ST and well thought i use the same time for promote both bands, luckily Folk/Viking metal is more aceppted with the pass of the years here, so i not lost hope of have them soon.

Hope you get to be official soon :kickass:

streeteams, if they work, are a good thing anways to promote, though I think more of the work should be done by the management/label stuff^^