TURISAS needs you crazy people for a new video! Act before July 25th!

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
Hey all! This was posted on turisas.com earlier: please check out and act fast!

Finnish warmongers TURISAS are currently working on their 1st DVD which will be out later this year - but not only that: They are currently also rerecording their crowd favourite “Battle Metal”. Since it is high time to finally have an official video-clip for the song and also to pay tribute to their dedicated fans (without whom there is obviously no such thing as a crowd favourite) they want YOU, those fans, to take part in their video for “Battle Metal 2008”!

Read what the Warlord has to say himself on his call to arms:
"In the last few years, we have noticed a growing amount of people showing up at our shows wearing war-paint, self-made outfits and other regalia. It is of course very flattering as these people have usually put down a lot of working hours preparing themselves for the shows - something not every band can expect from their fans. It is not something we see only in certain territories, but everywhere we've been whether it's the UK, US, Russia or Spain. This is why we want to give our fans the opportunity to participate on our upcoming DVD and music video, by sending us material of themselves as the red-black legion of TURISAS at locations all around the world."

Get your video-cameras out and film you and your mates going NUTS. Please understand that just footage that you created on your own will be used, so no “borrowing” from movies, from the internet etc. TURISAS want YOU, their fans, in their video!

Please use the original tape or copy the footage to a DVD in the best possible quality and send the material on DV-tape or DVD together with a filled out version of a short contract until July 25th.

Please go to www.turisas.com/dvd.html to get the mailing address as well as PDF for the aforementioned contract. If the contract is not included TURISAS will not be able to use the material. Still, if your material makes it into the video your name will also be mentioned in the booklet of the coming DVD!

Any recommendations on face paint? I sadly have no friends nearby who also like Turisas :cry: (and believe me I have tried, both do not like metal; anyone near zipcode 24605 private message me), so what shall I do besides a drunken rendition of the chorus of 'Rasputin'?

This is awesome. Would Turisas fancy a warpainted guy doing backflips and other various stunts in foresty locations? I could get the job done :p

Gah! If the date wasn't so soon, England would be having a mass-bloodstock-battle.
Hmmmm....wandering around a park somewhere dressed as a viking...Katie? wanna come visit:lol:

@Cipherhttp://www.snazaroo.com

wish i could but this weekend i've got a friend coming up from london to visit and next weekend i've got two bloody weddings to go to, so no time for a visit before the deadline :(

Hey guys, don't give up just because you don't have Battle Metal friends nearby you (you will soon, naturally). Just go solo, put the Camera on rec mode and do some cool stuff, posing, shouting, raiding, whatever. Once again, all sorts of recognizable landmarks etc. are appreciated, so the Italians could do Colosseum, Pisa; the French Eiffel etc.

This is kind of unique opportunity, so spread the word!

Hey guys, don't give up just because you don't have Battle Metal friends nearby you (you will soon, naturally). Just go solo, put the Camera on rec mode and do some cool stuff, posing, shouting, raiding, whatever. Once again, all sorts of recognizable landmarks etc. are appreciated, so the Italians could do Colosseum, Pisa; the French Eiffel etc.

haha the english are screwed then, what have we got:
blackpool tower, a stupid wooden angel...

:p

Once again, all sorts of recognizable landmarks etc. are appreciated, so the Italians could do Colosseum, Pisa; the French Eiffel etc.

How's a castle, mainly in ruins?
That's pretty much the most interesting landmark near me :lol:
It's either that or Alton Towers

Unfortunately, I have about *counts*... 2 friends who (currently) like Turisas :( but I'm sure I could get people to join in for the hell of it :heh:

The idea of dressing up in warpaint and charging around Sandal Castle has got me all excited now :D
I hope that there's none any of them bloody shows on at the same time

Sampy Arctica™;7411683 said:
Well, I don't like my chances of filming at Ayers Rock. :lol:
What are time requirements for the submissions?

I thought the original post was pretty precise about this...

Please use the original tape or copy the footage to a DVD in the best possible quality and send the material on DV-tape or DVD together with a filled out version of a short contract until July 25th.

Sampy Arctica™;7411683 said:
Well, I don't like my chances of filming at Ayers Rock. :lol:
What are time requirements for the submissions?

Finnish warmongers TURISAS are currently working on their 1st DVD which will be out later this year - but not only that: They are currently also rerecording their crowd favourite “Battle Metal”. Since it is high time to finally have an official video-clip for the song and also to pay tribute to their dedicated fans (without whom there is obviously no such thing as a crowd favourite) they want YOU, those fans, to take part in their video for “Battle Metal 2008”!

Read what the Warlord has to say himself on his call to arms: "In the last few years, we have noticed a growing amount of people showing up at our shows wearing war-paint, self-made outfits and other regalia. It is of course very flattering as these people have usually put down a lot of working hours preparing themselves for the shows - something not every band can expect from their fans. It is not something we see only in certain territories, but everywhere we've been whether it's the UK, US, Russia or Spain. This is why we want to give our fans the opportunity to participate on our upcoming DVD and music video, by sending us material of themselves as the red-black legion of TURISAS at locations all around the world."

Get your video-cameras out and film you and your mates going NUTS. Please understand that just footage that you created on your own will be used, so no “borrowing” from movies, from the internet etc. TURISAS want YOU, their fans, in their video! Please use the original tape or copy the footage to a DVD in the best possible quality and send the material on DV-tape or DVD together with a filled out version of a short contract until July 25th.
Please go to http://www.turisas.com/dvd.html to get the mailing address as well as PDF for the aforementioned contract. If the contract is not included TURISAS will not be able to use the material. Still, if your material makes it into the video your name will also be mentioned in the booklet of the coming DVD!

The original post on the Turisas website does not stipulate any specific requirements besides that one's own footage be used, and that one accede to the contract downloadable in PDF format.

Hope this helped

@Katie...Gah, just me, sarah and the ducks then=) unless I can shake Talia & Lettuce into action

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of vikings on oblivion...it proves i'm not as weird as I thought. Alton Towers FTW

@Katie...Gah, just me, sarah and the ducks then=) unless I can shake Talia & Lettuce into action

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of vikings on oblivion...it proves i'm not as weird as I thought. Alton Towers FTW

hahaha week after next we all meet up at at a theme park, dressed up, face painted, run around the rides filming ourselves, what do you say?
vikings on oblivion
vikings in ug land
vikings fighting on the sky ride....

mika check you're inbox...

Sampy Arctica™;7414172 said:
No, no...what are the time requirements on the actual video? How short/long is acceptable?
For example: 30 seconds average.

It's pretty much up to the production company how much they will use of the film material acquired, but I think the more the merrier. Once you have the paint on you might as well do numerous locations with different kinds of poses, running and stuff. Just think what would look cool on an OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO and go for it. :headbang:

BTW: They're not aiming on making fun of anyone - the material will be treated with respect. So don't chicken on this one, no need to. Act cool, act funnily, that's all.

anyone from Germany and close to cologne here?
i am not ure if I wanna go solo XD

i wonder what the people would say if I´d do that in cologne cathedral *laughing like mad*

Me and my friend's are planning on marching around as our version of Vikings at Alton Towers next week, as it's a school trip :)
The only down side is that the teachers and the rest of my year will think I'm even weirder than they think already, but it's worth it :heh:

I've managed to a get a total of about 8 people interested, which is quite an achievement for my friends :D