Turisas to tour australia!!!

I have rather little understanding of the music business, but it was my impression that the recording label only has its hands in the production and sale of media (CDs, DVDs, iTunes, etc.)

Other activities such as touring, shirts, endorsements, etc. is directly in the hands of the band, but greatly delegated to the manager (or management business), which really is hired/contracted by the band to represent the band's interests.

I guess recordings of live shows is a gray area for me as far as who gets what in the end.

Granted Turisas aren't touring right now, but I can see a rather solid tour after the next album comes out.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

4qqt7r.jpg

Get ready for Battle!

Just Say Rock is proud to announce the inaugural Australian tour of one of the most exciting live bands in the world; Finland’s battle metal masters TURISAS!

20081124-turisas-1.jpg

With the blood-soaked furry outfits, epic, ass-kicking hymns, war painted faces and the most intense live show this side of the Pacific; Turisas are setting their course for Australia this year!

Voted “Best New Band” by UK’s Metal Hammer poll and one of the eight "Artists of the Decade" by Terrorizer, Turisas is the complete package, having already stormed some of the biggest festivals in Europe and toured extensively both sides of the Atlantic.

Don your war paint, grab your battle axe and prepare for a proper Scandinavian party - join the quest to Miklagard and beyond in May 2010!

turisas.jpg

National supports are Be'lakor [VIC] and Dead Letter Opener [QLD].

TOUR DATES

BRISBANE
Friday 21st May – The Globe Theatre

SYDNEY
Saturday 22nd May – The Factory Theatre (All Ages)

MELBOURNE
Sunday 23rd May – Billboard the Venue

www.turisas.com
www.justsayrock.com.au
www.myspace.com/turisasofficial
www.myspace.com/justsayrock
www.facebook.com/turisas

TICKETS AT JUSTSAYROCK.COM.AU
Ticket Hotline and Enquiries (03) 85817639
Media enquiries: Nik at Just Say Rock (03) 85817617 / nik@justsayrock.com.au

This will be the first full tour that I'll be working and travelling with the touring company on [and first tour I'll be working officially as actual Just Say Rock crew and for the company, rather than just somebody working with the company looking to pick up work experience], previously I'd only usually work the Brisbane shows and occasionally do a Sydney show but organise my own travel and accommodation, so I'm really excited for this. :)

- Edit -

Facebook event pages:

Brisbane - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=343320027426
Sydney - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=375236186292
Melbourne - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=334667064298

Definitely buy your tickets ASAP. Promoters rely alot on how pre-sales are going, it's too much of a risk if a show isn't selling well to rely on walk ups on the night. Alot of shows have been cancelled or postponed due to this. Please don't wait until the night of the gig, thinking you'll just get one on the door. Get your ticket now!

Sampy Arctica™;8970552 said:
Please don't wait until the night of the gig, thinking you'll just get one on the door. Get your ticket now!
Sadly because many Metal shows aren't sold out a lot of Sydney Metallers think they'll just get one on the night - I can't vouch for what percentage that is.

s

i say you should all buy your tickets in advance, if you want to avoid hearing me do an a-capella rendition of rudy the rednosed raindeer in soundcheck before the show.

sampy, see you there.
did we also meet at the amon amarth gigs last november?

i say you should all buy your tickets in advance, if you want to avoid hearing me do an a-capella rendition of rudy the rednosed raindeer in soundcheck before the show.

that would be a reason not to buy it in advance :p and then sneak in with a video cam and record that ;))

sampy, see you there.
did we also meet at the amon amarth gigs last november?

I did indeed work at the Amon Amarth gig last Nov., but only the Brisbane show. :)
There's actually alot of hype going over here for the tour, but people still seem to be waiting until the night to buy their tickets. Grrr.

You guys have the right idea! So many lazy metal heads who just think, oh, doesn't matter, I'll probably just get a ticket on the night.....
We just don't have the population to sustain that attitude! If you want to keep bands touring down under, then stick your fucking cash into a ticketek and get your ticket damn it!

WOOO!

Announcement from the band and the management:

You may have seen an announcement by JSR that the Turisas Australian tour is cancelled. The truth is that they have gone bust and have pulled out of all their commitments, including our tour.

However, we are not willing to give up so easily, and are currently in negotiations with another promoter to save these shows and continue with the tour as planned. We are doing everything we can to make this happen.

Everyone who has tickets already should hold on to them until further notice. We will keep you updated, and please note that the only official word on this tour will come from us - ignore anything else you may hear!

After the long & depressing winter, I fucking need that sun tan! Reason enough to get things rolling :kickass:

...you mean: you wanna save on red colour and get yourself a sunburn so getting all the warpaint on takes less long ;PP