Twilight in Olympus

Feb 10, 2008
The edge of Forever
Okay. I've been dying about this. The song, Twilight in Olympus. Not the album, the song that they were going to add to the album but couldn't. When do we get to hear it!?! Or is it already out?? I'm seriously dying to hear this song. Any ideas anyone?

Okay. I've been dying about this. The song, Twilight in Olympus. Not the album, the song that they were going to add to the album but couldn't. When do we get to hear it!?! Or is it already out?? I'm seriously dying to hear this song. Any ideas anyone?

I think they said they just cut up the song and that alot of the songs on different albums(The new mythology suite) have alot of the parts of the song.

Damn. That would be cool if they still had a copy that they could at least put on a demo disc or something.

That sounds like it could be fanclub CD material to me? Maybe they may release it this way someday?

Anyway, I always had heard that "Rediscovery II" off of V was basically the same song as the unreleased track "Twilight in Olympus", just remixed a little and of course with totally different lyrics? I am pretty sure that even Romeo himself confirmed this way back when?

It would be really cool to hear the song as it was originally planned. Although, I think Through The Looking Glass serves well enough as the defining moment of the TIO album.

We should make a game out of it...re-write the lyrics of Rediscovery II to what you THINK they would have said had the song remained "Twilight In Olympus"!

Or maybe that's a bad idea.

It would be really cool to hear the song as it was originally planned. Although, I think Through The Looking Glass serves well enough as the defining moment of the TIO album.

We should make a game out of it...re-write the lyrics of Rediscovery II to what you THINK they would have said had the song remained "Twilight In Olympus"!

Or maybe that's a bad idea.

No it's not!

Russel singing:
"Iiiiiiin thee twilight I am.... Waiting for the Olympuuuuus.... Nooo waaaiiiit, iiiit shooouuld beeee:
Iiiiiiiin Oooolyympuuus I am... Waaaiiiting for the twiiliiight...."

Twiiiiiilightt Fallssss
On olympusssssss

*Insane guitar solo*
*Insane keyboard solo*
*What the hell, why not. Insane bass solo*
*Sure, let's go balls to the wall. Insane drum solo*

*Insane vocal solo*

Twiiiiiilightt Fallssss
On olympusssssss

*Insane guitar solo*
*Insane keyboard solo*
*What the hell, why not. Insane bass solo*
*Sure, let's go balls to the wall. Insane drum solo*

*Insane vocal solo*

I've wanted a full-out Rullo solo since day 1. *sigh* I was hoping for one on PL... I know the guy's got amazing chops. Death of Balance is the closest thing I'll get, and it is pretty damn awesome as it is :headbang:

I've wanted a full-out Rullo solo since day 1. *sigh* I was hoping for one on PL... I know the guy's got amazing chops. Death of Balance is the closest thing I'll get, and it is pretty damn awesome as it is :headbang:

I vote for 10 min solo spot for Rullo in the next album!

Or even better, in the DVD!

I'd rather have another tune or 2 instead of ANY kind of "solo"

I agree. I've never been a fan of ANY stand-alone solos at concerts. I don't care if it's Romeo, P, Lepond, Rullo... I think it's a waste of time and it takes away from the atmosphere of a show. Not to mention it's an attention game; they're basically screaming "hey, look what I can do!"

Pfft, you guys are lame, lol j/k. I guess you'd be more interested if there was a drum solo with timed musical patterns that the other members would play in between drum fills, overtop, and such. I enjoy solos by different members of the band during shows... sure, it's a "look at me" type of thing, but they have to right to brag since they put so much effort into their instruments.

Dah, Its not a "look at me", its a "listen to this", not all musicians are attention whores, they like to please the ears, they like to entertain. Who thinks every musician that sits around working up new chops does it so they will "get attention" ? They do it cause its fun and sounds great. I like live drum solos

At the end of the day, for whatever reason, a solo at a concert is time I would much rather spend watching the band perform an extra song.

To me, solo = band didn't want to learn an additional song.

The only solo I'm cool with is Neil Peart, because his solo is a song. Plus Geddy doesn't sing over it. :lol: