Twilight in Olympus

-R=ESThIaRrEdDik=-

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2004
Hey fellows

how do you like this masterpiece of myteries ?

Its actually (one of) my favorite Album, espacially cause of songs like Dragons Den, TTLG and Orion. These songs are incredivle awesome.

I know that this album istnt really finished and that SX realeased the missing material on V.
I heard from a song named like the album...

Want to hear your opinion about this album...

BTW: Very Strange

"Twilight in Olympus" from SX, "Falling into Infinity?" from DT AND "...and Justice for All" from Metallica are the fourth album from each band, and each album didnt became really finished or has something other deficits. o_O

Well, despite being underappreciated by the vast majority of Symphony X fans, I think it's a fantastic album that shows a refinement in songwriting and execution. It is probably my 2nd favorite Symphony X album after V.

The reason I like this album is cuz songs like Church of the machine, TTLG and Orion the hunter are songs which really bring up the progressive side of Symx(which side I personally like the most).

Twilight in Olympus is, in fact, the most badass name for a CD ever. Between that and the artwork you get such a great feel for the mood of the album and the music compliments the images and vocals so well, all together an outstanging package, I'm really glad it fell together like it did. In the Dragons Den has some really crazy stuff going on that is interesting simply from an analytical standpoint. Like how the intro riff basically covers every pattern over those 4 notes without repeating a single one, or how the vocal melody is in 4/4 and the guitar riff is in 3/4 for the verse. Really innovative stuff, dems a good band they is.

Well, I'll be the first in this thread to say that TiO is my least favorite, but mind you that doesn't mean I hate it! Smoke and Mirrors, Church of the Machine, and Through the Looking Glass are killer tunes, and I love them! The rest just isn't quite enough to make it a major favorite album for me. But I'll agree on the awesome title though :)

I'll second you Chick, in that I don't care for it as much as all the others except the s/t album and Damnation Game. I would still put in 'V', "Odyssey" and "Divine" before this one. The funny thing is, when I first got this album I absolutely loved it! I still think it's incedible but for some reason I'm not inclined to choose it over the others. And "Church of the Machine" was my all time favorite SyX song until I reverted back to "Divine Wings". It's still a very close 3rd (now that Rediscovery is my favorite). I'll have to pop it in on the ride home tonight and jam out!!!

I LOVE the album... it has a different sound to it, but it has a lot of classics. They didn't try a whole lot of new stuff, but they sounded great. "Orion" has some of the best soloing they've done, and "The Relic" is a spooky masterpiece.

I think, Orion has together with Evolution, Wicked, King of Terrors, Eyes of Medusa and Of Sins and Shadows the most heavy evil kickass riff from all SX songs.

Want to hear Orion live !! The soundproduction of TiO is regarding to the bassquality very weak, this riff could sound even more heavier!

It definitely is a brilliant album with some of my favourite SyX tunes on it. Why wasn't Pharaoh mentioned so far? That one rocks, and I love the agressive feeling in the chorus.
Also I'm wondering what japanese fans think about Lady of the Snow, since obviously it uses a japanese scale and story.
I can't really understand why Twilight in Olympus is so underestimated.

Kosh