Twilight Innocence guitar tab

SetHeh

Instigator of Awakening
May 30, 2007
Slovenia
Hello!
Although I just joined this forum, I've been listening to ND for quite some time. Anyway ... I've been trying to find guitar tabs for Twilight Innocence song from The Novella Reservoir album - alas without luck. I hope I'll have more luck here. The acoustic guitar parts are the ones I want the most. The song is really beautiful and I'd like to play it for my girlfriend's birthday.

Cheers! ;-)

i think you'll have to figure it out for yourself ;) not many ND tabs have been made yet.

I am going on vacantion to Slovenia in a month, I've heard it's a great country, looking forward to it :)

If I have time I will try to tab it for you but alas I do not have a tab program. Vito has something though, I can perhaps work with him on it.

Meanwhile, I can give you some general insight into the song...

This is the only song on "The Novella Reservoir" that is played completely in "standard" tuning. All of our other songs are in dropped A# (Bb) tuning. The main riff in the verses is based around A minor.

Kind of vague but perhaps it'll get you started in the meantime.

If I have time I will try to tab it for you but alas I do not have a tab program.
I really appreciate you effort! As for the tab program, I'd be more than happy with a plain text (monotype font: Courier New, for ex.) tab. There's no need for the fancy Guitar Pro 5 music sheet.

If I have time I will try to tab it for you but alas I do not have a tab program. Vito has something though, I can perhaps work with him on it.

Meanwhile, I can give you some general insight into the song...

This is the only song on "The Novella Reservoir" that is played completely in "standard" tuning. All of our other songs are in dropped A# (Bb) tuning. The main riff in the verses is based around A minor.

Kind of vague but perhaps it'll get you started in the meantime.

It's actually not that difficult, for the most part. It took me about 10 minutes to get the chord progression down, and about another half hour to get the timing/strumming right. What an excellent song...I like to play it for my daughter before bed :)

I only put a few moments in to figuring out the key changes, not how to actually play the thing like heard on the CD, here's my findings.

Start in A minor like Larry said, a broken chord. This is played for the longest time during the verse... Then switch over to F Major for the first key change, then G major, and repeat this section for the verse. o_o

Bear with me of course, I'm not playing the actual song, just strumming it from memory.

For the chorus, it's starting on A Minor with strummed full chords. Then F Major again, then D minor... Then back to A minor, G major, C major, and then D minor again.... That's the chorus, then you whip back to the verse.

Hope that helps a bit. If you know your guitar chords of course.... :)

P.S. Here's my review of Novella Reservoir. Here.

OK, I'll try to figure it out while I'm waiting for the official tab from the band. :) I don't have problems with guitar techniques - been playing guitar for 8 years. My problem is "perfect pitch" (i.e. listening to a song and knowing exactly which notes are being played).

what you mean by "perfect pitch" is being able to reproduce on the guitar what you hear on the record? it's a skill like any other, you can practice to improve your skills.

perfect pitch is something few people are gifted/cursed with. it's the ability to hear a pitch and knowing what it is. for example, my physics teacher once took a group tour through a facility where they enrich uranium. there are those big cylinders which spin around really fast, which obviously produces a humming sound. someone asked how fast they spinned, and the tour guide said it was classified, but another guy in the group had perfect pitch and said, "oh i'd say about 850 rotations per minute..." the tour guide started laughing sheepishly hehe.

it can also be a curse for some people when they have to listen to all that out of tune music out there.

OK, I'll try to figure it out while I'm waiting for the official tab from the band. :) I don't have problems with guitar techniques - been playing guitar for 8 years. My problem is "perfect pitch" (i.e. listening to a song and knowing exactly which notes are being played).

I've been playing by ear for about 20 years (that doesn't mean I'm that good though :p ). It does take some time to develop that skill, and you have to have a really good ear or it's just not gonna fucking work.

With TI, the thing I'm having trouble perfecting is the picking pattern...it's so clean on the album and I'm not satisfied until I play it perfect :loco:

"My problem is "perfect pitch" (i.e. listening to a song and knowing exactly which notes are being played)"

As Larry said, a lot of metal is done in drop-tuning, which IMO makes it MUCH more difficult to learn that song by ear. Since TI is done in standard tuning, it was a bit easier to determine the root.

For the chorus, it's starting on A Minor with strummed full chords. Then F Major again, then D minor... Then back to A minor, G major, C major, and then D minor again.... That's the chorus, then you whip back to the verse.
QUOTE]

Very close. The note after Am is not exactly Gmajor though...it's rooted on B. Also, it's not Dminor...Larry, please help me out with these chords (D7?) I know how to play them, but not what to call them :p

Here's a recording of the verse and first chorus section, and the lead for the second chorus thing. I haven't listened to the song yet to figure out the part for that....

Sorry about the bad tone, I was using an electric and I didn't have time to really craft a decent acoustic tone for it. I recorded direct-input!

http://yukki.no-ip.org/satanicdirge/crudz/twilight_scratch.mp3

When I hear D Minor in those spots, it sounds right to me... But I really haven't listened lately.... I've been trying to record in like a 15/7 time signature and I just cant get it down, going to bed now - just whipped this up real quick.

You're definitely on the right track. The verse riff sounds pretty close for sure.

The chorus goes something like this here....forgive my tablature, it's not perfect to say the least but hopefully you can follow it generally. I added the line of lyrics beneath each part to help follow along better (I hope).

TWILIGHT INNOCENCE CHORUS-

e----0----0---0----0--0---3---------0----0---0----0--0----3-
b----1----1---1----0--1---1---------1----1---1----0--1----1-
g----2----2---2----2--2---2---------2----2---2----2--2----2-
d----2----2---2----2--2---2---------2----2---2----2--2----2-
a----0----0---0----0--0---0---------0----0---0---------------
e----x-------------------------------x------------------------
"......I..........................................will always.........................keep.."

e----0----0---0-----------3--------x-----x---x-----x---x---x---
b----1----1---1----0--1---1--------3-----3---3-----5---3---3---
g----2----2---2----2--2---2--------0-----0---0-----0---0---0---
d----3----3---3----3--3---3--------4-----4---4-----4---4---4---
a----0----0---0----0--0---0--------5-----5---5-----5---5---5---
e----x----x---x---------------------x-----x---x------------------
"..watch................................over you.................................."

e----0----0---0----0--0---3---------0----0---0----0--0----3-
b----1----1---1----0--1---1---------1----1---1----0--1----1-
g----2----2---2----2--2---2---------0----0---0----0--0----0-
d----2----2---2----2--2---2---------0----0---0----0--0----0-
a----0----0---0----0--0---0---------2----2---2----2--2----2-
e----x-------------------------------x------------------------
"..to keep................................you safe..............................when.."

e----0----0---0-----------3--------x------x---x-----x---x---x---
b----1----1---1----0--1---1--------3-----3---3-----5---3---3---
g----0----0---0----0--0---0--------0-----0---0-----0---0---0---
d----2----2---2----2--2---2--------4-----4---4-----4---4---4---
a----3----3---3----3--3---3--------5-----5---5-----5---5---5---
e----x----x---x---------------------x-----x---x------------------
"......you....................................are scared................................."

Even though the words change in the other chorus slightly, the music repeats the same in each chorus.

When I get some time, hopefully today, I'll put up the bridge/solo section for you guys (the "your dreams inspire me" etc. section) I hope this helps somewhat.

For some reason I can't wrap my head around the second chord in the bridge...right when the vocals come in. It's a B something or other...:erk: God, I suck at chord identification :p , so the tabs for this section would be most appreciated. Thanks Larry!

Here's a recording of the verse and first chorus section, and the lead for the second chorus thing. I haven't listened to the song yet to figure out the part for that....

Sorry about the bad tone, I was using an electric and I didn't have time to really craft a decent acoustic tone for it. I recorded direct-input!

http://yukki.no-ip.org/satanicdirge/crudz/twilight_scratch.mp3

When I hear D Minor in those spots, it sounds right to me... But I really haven't listened lately.... I've been trying to record in like a 15/7 time signature and I just cant get it down, going to bed now - just whipped this up real quick.

Did you remove the song already? It's a broken link at the moment.