Twilight of the Thundergod Lyrics!!

The lyrics are about Thor's fight with Jormungandr, the world serpent, during Ragnarök, the end of the world as the norse believed it.

[growl]

There is Fenris grim
His jaws are open wide
The serpent rises from the waves (This is Jormungandr he speaks about)
Jormungandr twists and turns, mighty in his wrath
The eyes are full of primal hate

Thor, odins son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, your destiny awaits
Thor, ?? son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, ragnarök awaits

??? rise to face //edited
the snake with hammer high
at the edge of the world
as lightning fills the air
as Mjölnir does it's work
the twinfold serpent roars in pain //edited

Thor, odins son, protector of mankind, rides to meet your fate, your destiny awaits
Thor, ?? son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, ragnarök awaits

[growl]

Mighty Thor, grabs the snake
firmly by its tongue
lifts his hammer high to strike
soon his work is done

Victory against the guardian snake //edited
leading to the death //edited (Thor dies by the poison of Jormungandr, after having slain the serpent)
twilight of the thundergod
ragnarök awaits

[solo]

thor, odin's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, your destiny awaits
thor, ?? son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate, ragnarök awaits

its very close but that word in the chorus "thor, ?? son" is really getting to me, i cant seem to hear it well enough

I really don't think the second part says Odin. I think Johan is speaking of Thor's mother Jörð or another name for her, or possibly his "stepmother" Freya or another name for her.

Haha, we had this kind of thread on the WOOOS release here, too. Had some funny stuff in it.

I remember the following for the Asator lyrics:

Fire! His head explodes, see the lightning strike! :headbang:

The problem is ... once you know it, you always think about it when you listen to the song .-)

exploding_head.jpg

Fire! His head explodes, see the lightning strike! :headbang:

yeah, thats great... :lol::lol::lol::lol: very cool... I always heard "His hate is pure" but its way more fun this way :lol:

Thor, ?? son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your PAIN, ragnarök awaits

I always hear Pain in that line...and no "the". and, to me, its sound something like "Lilliths son" ... doesnt really make any sense, but I hear that. :loco:

Well maybe wrong but that's what I hear ;)

I agree with that "Lilith"-sounding name/word in the beginning of the second part of the chorus. And ride to meet your pain could be correct as well.

About the beginning of the second verse:

It could be:
____your eyes to face
the snake with hammer high

Lol, I don't think so. I tried looking up different names for his mother and his stepmother but none of them sounded close enough.