TWO Iron Maiden shows: Verizon in Irvine 8/24/03 & Long Beach Arena 8/25/03

Here's the itinerary. Since Maiden have 8/23 off, perhaps the Maidens should do a show. Maybe the band will show up. :)

Jul. 21 - Worcester, MA @ Centrum Centre
Jul. 22 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Theater
Jul. 23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Tweeter Centre at the Waterfront
Jul. 25 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Jul. 26 - Wantagh, NY @ Tommy Hilfiger at Jones Beach
Jul. 29 - Washington, D.C. @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
Jul. 30 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Aug. 01 - Quebec City, QUE @ Colisee de Quebec
Aug. 02 - Montreal, QUE @ Bell Centre
Aug. 03 - Toronto, ONT @ Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 05 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Centre
Aug. 06 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Centre
Aug. 08 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
Aug. 09 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater
Aug. 10 - Chicago, IL @ Tweeter Center
Aug. 13 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
Aug. 15 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amp.
Aug. 16 - Houston, TX @ Woodlands Pavilion
Aug. 18 - El Paso, TX @ U.T.E.P.
Aug. 20 - Denver, CO @ Fiddler's Green
Aug. 21 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Aug. 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
Aug. 24 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amp.
Aug. 25 - Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Arena
Aug. 26 - San Diego, CA @ San Diego Sports Arena
Aug. 28 - San Jose, CA @ Shoreline Amp.
Aug. 29 - Concord, CA @ Chronicle Pavilion
Aug. 30 - Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Pavilion

Where are you getting this info? When I last checked [which was since I first saw this thread] it wasn't at the Iron Maiden, Ticketmaster, or Moshking websites?

Melisan said:
Here's the itinerary. Since Maiden have 8/23 off, perhaps the Maidens should do a show. Maybe the band will show up. :)

:hotjump: I am sooooooo there!!!!! Holy Sh**! Could you imagine them showing up for guest spots on a Maidens show 8/23? :loco: Ya think?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Melisan said:

:hotjump: I am sooooooo there!!!!! Holy Sh**! Could you imagine them showing up for guest spots on a Maidens show 8/23? :loco: Ya think?

I'd imagine you'd have a near riot in the club if even one of them showed up. That would be mighty entertaining, though.

THE PIER formerly LIVE BAIT in Long Beach would be cool to play...the place holds quite a few hundred...they re did it and it's very very nice...I'd rather play a private show for Maiden somewhere though...I think they'd have a better chance of showing up....like a "double open jam" at TC's.

hahahahaha:hotjump:

Bruce Chickinson said:
THE PIER formerly LIVE BAIT in Long Beach would be cool to play...the place holds quite a few hundred...they re did it and it's very very nice...I'd rather play a private show for Maiden somewhere though...I think they'd have a better chance of showing up....like a "double open jam" at TC's.

hahahahaha:hotjump:

Well, all I can say is I'd hope if they DO take in one of your shows they show the discretion to keep out of sight until after the show. Dunno about you girls, but I'd need a Valium sandwich just to be able to play if I was in a Rush tribute band and found out Neil was in the crowd.

So, gonna plan an 8/23 gig in LB? :D

I would like to see some newer bands on this bill. There's plenty of fresh blood on the Metal scene (i.e. Opeth, Lacuna Coil) that is not Nu Metal garbage that could really benefit from opening a show for someone as established as Maiden. Let's face it, Motorhead went into the AC/DC Syndrome (same record, 25 different covers) a long time ago and Dio hasn't really been artistically relevant since 1984. :ill: At least Glenn Danzig is willing to take a chance with some of these new bands and take them on the road. How much money do these bands have to pay to Sanctuary Management to get on the bill?

Melisan said:
Well, all I can say is I'd hope if they DO take in one of your shows they show the discretion to keep out of sight until after the show. Dunno about you girls, but I'd need a Valium sandwich just to be able to play if I was in a Rush tribute band and found out Neil was in the crowd.

So, gonna plan an 8/23 gig in LB? :D

Yeah, I know how that feels. One of my top 10 most surreal moments of my life was playing the guitar solo to Metallia's One and having Kirk Hammett stand right in front of me giving the devil horns and head banging. Too Cool!!

The word is that Warren DiMartini of Ratt will be playing guitar with Dio, since Doug Aldrich decided to commit to Whitesnake. Although Ratt's music was sub-par IMO, Warren isn't an absolute shredder and will surprise the F*** out of everyone!

drumslut said:
The word is that Warren DiMartini of Ratt will be playing guitar with Dio, since Doug Aldrich decided to commit to Whitesnake. Although Ratt's music was sub-par IMO, Warren isn't an absolute shredder and will surprise the F*** out of everyone!

Oops, my mistake. Warren IS an absolute shredder!

drumslut said:
Warren IS an absolute shredder!
Definatley. I've seen him out of the confines of Ratt and he is an incredible player. One time was a jam at a little place called the Baked Potato with Steve Lukather several years ago. They did some Hendrix and just tore the place up.

I'm looking forward to this show. Its refreshing to see these older bands together on a bill instead of this new metal crap (hint hint Metallica). Last time I remember seeing Motörhead at Irvine was that "Operation Rock 'N' Roll" tour in 1991. Anyone remember that? Judas Priest and Alice Cooper also played. Damn Motörhead was loud. I had plugs in and my ears were still ringing!

I saw Warren with the newest version of Ratt recently (he and Blotz were the only original members) and was very impressed. Like Tracii Guns and LA Guns and Paul Gilbert and Mr. Big, Warren is much too talented for Ratt. (I HATE Stephen Pearcy.) However, Warren will fit very well with Dio, IMO! =)

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Melisan said:

I agree! Coincidently, 8/23 just happens to be my b-day. That would just be ultimate!

Boring... this show will suck ass!

KIDDING!

The question is what show to attend?

A) Irvine close to home and on a weekend.

B) LBC on a Monday, but very historic! Could catch some great nostalgic vibes...

I can't afford to go to both... lots of great shows coming down the summer tour path.

Come, help me decide?!

WarrenD playing in DIO! Who much does that kick ass? He a monster player & highly underrated. Fluid as hell... taught him everything he knows.

SciKikMobster said:

B) LBC on a Monday, but very historic! Could catch some great nostalgic vibes...

I can't afford to go to both... lots of great shows coming down the summer tour path.

Come, help me decide?!

Definitely Long Beach!

I'm going to try to hit them both (ouch goes the wallet, which is still sorely hurting from the Finland Fiasco(tm) -- ouch but well worth it).

I plan to go to both shows plus San Diego. The last time Maiden played the San Diego Sports Arena, I was 3rd row and near the center. That night Bruce was so busy yelling at somebody near me in the crowd during the solo in 2 Minutes to Midnight, that he forgot to sing most of the 3rd verse.