TWO Iron Maiden shows: Verizon in Irvine 8/24/03 & Long Beach Arena 8/25/03

SciKikMobster said:

The question is what show to attend?

A) Irvine close to home and on a weekend.
B) LBC on a Monday, but very historic! Could catch some great nostalgic vibes...
I can't afford to go to both... lots of great shows coming down the summer tour path.
Come, help me decide?!
WarrenD playing in DIO! Who much does that kick ass? He a monster player & highly underrated. Fluid as hell... taught him everything he knows.

I've seen them both places and both venues are of course very different (indoor vs. outdoor for one). I like the sound better at Irvine. Also have liked the Maiden shows I've seen there better. The Seventh Son tour was great at Irvine! I actually had front row center seats to that show until Bruce totally screwed us by encouraging everyone from the law to rush down and get a front row seat too... gee thanks Bruce!
So I moved back about 7 rows so I could breathe and still see good.
56.gif
I'm going for the Irvine show as I'll most likely have better dibs on seats. If partying is your objective I'd say go for the LB or SD shows since Irvine COPS are so gung-ho.
Although I've never liked the sound at the San Diego Sports arena.

Yes - Warren is very underrated. I was looking forward to seeing Doug Aldrich, but Warren is even better.
46.gif

Did somebody say "Tailgate Party!?" Hell YEAH! That'd be f'n great!

As far as which gig to go to... that's tough. I'd have to say LBA. Irvine is great, but something about the "SCREAM FOR ME LOOONG BEACH!" draws me. Regardless of which one you go to, you still have to get up early the next day for work (at least I do). So, in my eyes a gig on Sunday night is no better than a gig on Monday night.

ROTLD said:
I've seen them both places and both venues are of course very different (indoor vs. outdoor for one). I like the sound better at Irvine. Also have liked the Maiden shows I've seen there better. The Seventh Son tour was great at Irvine! I actually had front row center seats to that show until Bruce totally screwed us by encouraging everyone from the law to rush down and get a front row seat too... gee thanks Bruce!
So I moved back about 7 rows so I could breathe and still see good.
56.gif
I'm going for the Irvine show as I'll most likely have better dibs on seats. If partying is your objective I'd say go for the LB or SD shows since Irvine COPS are so gung-ho.
Although I've never liked the sound at the San Diego Sports arena.

Yes - Warren is very underrated. I was looking forward to seeing Doug Aldrich, but Warren is even better.
46.gif

I too saved to get front row seats for that show and was bummed when Bruce did that: since I'm only 5'2", I could no longer see when people ran up in front of me. Now I always get box seats. They aren't in front but you have a great view and no one can stand directly in front of you. Box seats are also closed off so if Bruce did that again you would not be affected.

I hate it when that happens, Wanda. I like get to shows early to be up front and I hate it when the late comers like to play pushy, pushy. I've had to open a can or two of Smylex before.

I had tickets to the 7th Son tour and it was to be my 1st Maiden show. I had my ticket and everything. The week before... where I work decided to add a swing shift and I got picked to be on the inagural voyage. I tried to explain I had bought this tickets weeks before. Was told my career was more important... "ACCESS DENIED!" I'm still at that place and they have made it up to me in other ways, but had to wait till the last tour to see them for the first time.