U Haul....what the fuck?!?!!?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
What an irritating scenario.

Rented a 6x12 trailer Saturday morning to move band gear to a show in Philly. On the way to the jam space, only 15 mins after getting the trailer, it came off the hitch and the chains came off.....trailer crashed into the rear of the towing truck, and the hitch punctured a hole in the front wall of the trailer. I DID indeed take out an $8 insurance, covering up to $5k of stuff inside the trailer and any damages to the trailer. I get a call today saying I need to file a claim, etc. Then, the woman who I always deal with at the rental place calls back and tells me everything is ok, I dont have to file a claim as long as no damage was done to the towers truck. Fine. So then, I get a call from a weird number saying they are from U Haul and that I need to PURCHASE THE TRAILER THAT I DESTROYED, and that it wouldnt be an issue if I had gotten the insurance on it. I told him I did indeed get the insurance, and to call the woman that I dealt with. Got back home, and I called the local rental place and spoke to her, letting her know what was happening. She said she'd call them and take care of it. 5 mins later, the other guy calls me back saying he spoke to her and that she says she has no idea what I was talking about.

Once again, I explained that I definitely got the insurance on it and that I was told I was taken care of. Now he says he's going to contact her again.

This is turning into a fucking nightmare.

Anyone else have any similar stories? Please tell....

See: Killadelphia

Yeah, I know what you mean. But the local woman I deal with is very nice and knows my family from years ago and used to live down the street from us. She told me all was taken care of, but then I get another call from this other guy saying she told him she had no idea about what I was telling him. Seriously now....if I have to take them to court I'm going to be pissed.

Tell them that you're going to contact a lawyer as well as their home office if they call you with this again. That usually shuts most people up. You have insurance and can prove it (you do have the receipt stating such, no?), therefore their argument is invalid. Also, tell them that YOU should be the one calling and bitching at THEM for their piece of shit trailer that almost destroyed thousands of dollars worth of gear.

I'm going to contact the local rental place again after lunch. I do indeed have the receipt and yes, this guy should be dealing with the local rental place, not me personally.

GO to the local rental place and have her call them while you are there. So you KNOW what she is telling them. I dont think shes fucking you over, but then you can throw it back at the asshole on the phone and tell him ... YOU DICK SEE I HAD THE FUCKING INSURANCE!

called her back and told her what is happening and how he told me he talked to her and that she said she had no clue what I was talking about. She tells me no one called her and I gave her the number to the asshole and she's going to call me back.