u think cob are overrated?

?

• y

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • n

Votes: 92 70.8%

• Total voters
Exactly. Tell me anything they've repeated besides that LoBodomy/You're Better Off Dead melody. Of course Alexi repeats sweeps and scales on the solos, because he has his own style and likes some stuff more than other, but not for the music itself. In fact, the reason why people criticise their albums is because of that, because they're not repetitive. They never do an album similar to the previous one. SW, HB and FTR had similar stuff, but still had differences, but each album is different. Or are you telling me they repeated stuff from FTR on AYDY or stuff from HB on Blooddrunk?

Oh. Also the FTR keyb part is very similar to the HCDR part... :loco:
But srsyly, just like I said, who isn't repetitive at one poin or another?

Ok, let's clear some shit and because I ain't got nothing else to do I'll state my mind here.

In my opinion, COB deserves his success but his overrated. How? I know the background story of COB and the band members, I know how they are on stage, how they work hard etc etc etc so yeah I think it's good for them now that they are at this place. Now, are they overrated? I say yes. Why? Because of all what you say about Alexi writing and playing skills, same thing for Janne playing skills and etc.

Why I say Children of Bodom is repetitive? You got to think further than the music itself, more than just the notes. Alexi uses the same ideas for his song, and by "ideas", I mean: "kind of riff", "arrangement", "mixing", "structures" etc.

For an example: The band shout is an idea, the "Pad New Age" keyboard breakdown is an idea, the "electro/techno" keyboard intro is an idea etc but it seems that when COB in a song, and then see that it works, they reused it.

But I've said all that already, and that's why I prefer Blooddrunk to HCDR and AYDY?, because it seems a little (tiny) bit that they tried something else.

^ That's why whoever said that OMGALEXI fanbois overrate Alexi, but the band as a whole is hardly overrate, nor are some other members, say, Hennka =))

As for CoB being repetitive, isn't it natural for a band to have their own style? I wonder how you define the difference between style and repetitiveness. You could have every song constructed exactly the same way and not be too repetitive. As for CoB, they do reuse ideas, but not even on a large scale (how many keyb-intro songs do they have anyway? Not THAT many), and in no way anything close to Dragonforce. And it's not like they make commercial metal (at least yet) like, say, Butterfly Temple.

lol. plz try to play LoBodomy or Done with everything. The Hatebreeder songs aren't that hard.

100% AGREEING with you, the new songs are pretty much fckin harder than the old ''neo-classical melodic death'' classic shred cob thingy. Now it's more into the progressive dimished/chromatics riffs. Pretty hard to play though. Always think alexi is playing this shit while singing, think of lobodomy or blooddrunk, it's pretty tough:loco:

^ That's why whoever said that OMGALEXI fanbois overrate Alexi, but the band as a whole is hardly overrate, nor are some other members, say, Hennka =))

I don't overrate Alexi :lol: He's my idol, but I know there are better players than him. Loomis, Vai, Roope :)lol:), the Necrophagist dude whose name I can't spell correctly, etc... But I do think that Alexi is a master at aplying his own skills to make kickass songs and squeeze his playing in there.

they didn't use to be during the tokyo warhearts area but in my opinion, there downfall (ha) started there

LOLWUT? So for you FTR is COB's downfall? Then, seriously, get new ears or in Mitch's words ''get your ears in tune''.