u think cob are overrated?

?

• y

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • n

Votes: 92 70.8%

• Total voters
they didn't use to be during the tokyo warhearts area but in my opinion, there downfall (ha) started there

WTF R U talking about, another one of those whiners "aww their first album was so good, and everything else is crap". Get on with the fucking program! That's when the band started developing a fucking style!

Besides, Bloodrunk is one hell of a good album, just because every song on it doesn't sound like Downfall or Silent night, Bodom night doesn't mean it's bad. :rolleyes:

Show the fag the door!! :puke:

nah man, i like all of the other albums besides bloodrunk. i actually do like aydy alot. i wasn't bitchin that it sucked, in my opinion, it just wasnt as good

I think they're with bands like Iron Maiden etc. They deserve all they get.
(Though I think AC-DC is just basical shit, worse than some of pop...)

Yeah and btw, I think Blooddrunk is waaaaaaaay too underrated, not forgetting Aydy which is their best album so far.

They are overrated because there are so many young people are only listening to the newer stuff like AYDY.
And they are underrated because only a few people know their older stuff, and that is really good.

WTF R U talking about, another one of those whiners "aww their first album was so good, and everything else is crap". Get on with the fucking program! That's when the band started developing a fucking style!

Besides, Bloodrunk is one hell of a good album, just because every song on it doesn't sound like Downfall or Silent night, Bodom night doesn't mean it's bad. :rolleyes:

Shut up.

In all honesty...PRE-AYDY was when CoB was still original. Still like them but like Blooddrunk is just "meh" to me. Every song sounds somewhat the same with exceptions on Blooddrunk and Banned from heaven. I mean i think it's a good album...but it's not COB. And every bunch of whiner who will go like "meh youre gay theyre still like that!!!11" Can fuck off. I don't give a shit about what others think. This is MY opinion.

bleh.

Cob are definately underrated in Ireland.. I think Alexi deserves the attention he gets, as people have already said,his solos fit the songs he's writing and make the songs feel meaningful unlike some guitarists who show off too much when given the opportunity to play a solo and lose the flow of the song. His technicality and speed are impressive but it always has its place in songs and never sounds like filler. The rest of the band are excellent musicians and they deserve much more individual credit imo. I've yet to hear a Cob riff, or solo mind,by Janne,Alexi or Roope that I don't like. Jaska is a great drummer and I don't know a lot about bass but Henkka seems fairly good at it!

I really dont see the repetitivity in their music :err: every album sounds different, has it's own style and the vocals are tweaked as far as my ears tell me. I know people have their own tastes and opinions but taste doesn't have that much to do with objectively recognising difference really. I know some keyboard like the intro to hate me has been reused on hellhounds and that it's in another song on Hatebreeder and that a few of the guitar techniques are similar through the years but I totally agree with Crzy Aus in that it's about settling into your own style and not repetition.

They really do suck at promotion though, I've introduced people to the band that are huge fans now but that would probably not have heard about them otherwise.:erk:

Yeah i agree. I still think COB rocks! Blooddrunk just wasn't my cup of tea personally. That simple. All props to Alexi though for mad solos and to the band for a fucking great production.

I still bought it and i didnt think it was a waste of money. I now got all CoB studio albums+TW and blooddrunk single so :)

Yeah, Blooddrunk is probably my least favourite CoB album and I loved AYDY.. just shows how varied the bands skills and potential is. Reinventing their music through exploring new directions while still applying their signature style is creative and admirable in my book. I hate bands that stick to the same thing on every album just because it's worked for them previously and has made them money. CoB challenge themselves to evolve and become more well rounded musicians. They play what they want and don't compromise for anyone. I still like Blooddrunk a lot but I think it's one of those albums that grows on you if you don't like it straight off.

no but the fact u can hear what sounds like riff recycling especially on banned from heaven its an album, though not a great one thats all.

Well, since their sound got very different the last 6 years they got more fans and IMO alexi's playing has always gtten worse from that point. The new songs aren't that hard to play than for example the hatebreeder ones...Changes happen, but i need to say that i still like the new bodom style even though it's different.

this place cracks me up every time...just for that i sometimes return to this place :D