Uh.. ever heard Savatage?

Solid

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2002
In memory
Visit site
Thank you nevermore for thanking Savatage. If you haven't heard these guys try listening to Another Way or Morphine Child. I don't know if anyone else likes them or will like them, but if you do more power to you

They've got their good and bad sides. I prefer the Oliva vocal stuff even though it's a little cheesy lyric wise. It's so fuckin' snotty. Jesus Saves is fantastic. They have a great live video from Tokyo with Skolnic on guitar that's pretty cool too.

I got to have a few drinks with Jon and Chris Caffery a few years ago for Oliva's birthday. My friend Dave Z who plays with TSO had Jon singing a bunch of Alice Cooper songs all night. Fucking riot.

probably my favorite band of all time, how is that????

favorite albums: edge of thorns, the dungeons are calling, gutter ballet

favorite songs:

i believe
visions
city beneath the surface
in the dream
the edge of midnight
hall of the mountain king
strange wings
gutter ballet
summers rain
ghost in the ruins
believe
edge of thorns
miles away
all that i bleed
chance
castles burning
this is the time
not what you see
the wake of magellan
morning sun
shotgun innocence

I like SAVATAGE. From "POWER OF THE NIGHT" up to "DEAD WINTER DEAD." I too like Jon Oliva era vocals like GUTTER BALLET, HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING, STREETS, but I also like EDGE OF THORNS and HANDFUL OF RAIN with Zakk on vocals. Didn't cart to much for WAKE OF MAGELLAN or POETS AND MADMEN. Great live band though, got to see Criss Oliva.

gods...saw them last year and they were incredible.nothing special technically,except some solos,but some of the greatest lyrics and songwriting in the history of metal

That's cool that they got some fans here. I guess some people just think the piano sucks and is -corny(?). I guess my only complaint about any of savatage's music is complaint in the system. WTF. Otherwise, they have some vocal stuff where you just sit there and trip, like holy shit man. Then the music starts fallin in on you in waves and.....or you think it sucks. Thats cool too man.whatever

then they became a queen type band..with streets

use to spend hours...analysing the lyrics with my ex-whorebag chick...., the cd that was a concept cd....many seasons ago...

i really like their first things.

like: sirens(killer album),power of the night(rocks)and hall of the mountain king.

but i don't like them now

from gutter ballett they really are ametal version of queen!

no more no less.

:)

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Never understood the fascination. They're barely metal, and extremely cheesy. Dead Winter Dead is okay, other than that, blech!!

You probably haven't heard anything but some songs... Barely metal... Dead Winter Dead is okay? So DWD is metal? :lol: Sirens, The Dungeons Are Calling, Power of the night, Hall of the mountain king are fucking metal. And no piano.