UK D.T. supporters - stand up and be counted!

Cardiff rocked. Loved the set, great to get Desecration as local support too. I cannot believe that it is over 10 years since I saw this band live... where did the years go?! Time to make amends. Work prevents me getting to any more this time than the London one, but that is definitely going to happen as well.

It did make me laugh today though, looking at the white tour shirt from last night. The usual dates and venues on the back, although "Birmingham - Barf" is likely to be far funnier to the rest of the Country than the Brummies.

As we were spoiled with some early stuff, I would love to hear "Away, Delight, Away" in London next week. Dream on...

Do you remember the setlist and if so could you post it?

Do you remember the setlist and if so could you post it?

Sadly, I don't usually recall things like that, despite being completely sober as I had 2 hours to drive before and after the gig.

There were a few people that got hold of the set lists that the band were working from, but I would not be able to give an accurate or complete list.

I am sure someone will come along with a list for you though...

Its going to kill me until I find out what they played, if indeed they played some earlier stuff. It reminds me of Opeth's Roundhouse Tapes - they played some old and awesome songs from Opeth's back catalog. Even though it was for a cd/dvd, it also took place in the UK. Coincidence?

Well, you could just write down those you do remember. I do not really care about the order except for the opening song. But that was probably Terminus.
One more question and I hope you can answer it: Did they play the live intro for The Wonders at your Feet. The used to play it when it was their opening song and then they left it out when they switched to opening with Terminus. Then I heard it again though in the Svenska Grammofon Studio stream and they played it even though TWayF wasn't the opener.

I expected more focus to be on the latest release, but there seemed to be most of the albums represented. Too many bands only focus on their latest releases when they play live.

As I have not seen them live since 1997 until this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to see a good range. With the exception of the Live DVD, I cannot say what is usually played live, not having been since the time when "The Mind's I" came out. I think perhaps my naivity of the routine set over the last may have lead to the reaction to my comment about early stuff. For all I know, this could be standard fayre, but I don't expect most bands to play things I heard the previous time when over a decade has passed.

The highlight for me has to have been "Punish My Heaven", which was the track that introduced me to the band in 1995. I am much more familiar with the earlier stuff. There were elements from albums since The Gallery right up to date.

I tend not to look at track names when I listen to albums, so track names don't always come easy to me.

Someone else from the forum will give you more information about the tracks played. I get quite lost in the moment at gigs, so I am not going to be able to provide an accurate list.

@AlexGuinness: That's fine. :) Thanks a lot for the info! :) It sounds like they played the usual stuff, i was curious whether some totally random title would pop up.
It's really interesting to read this from the perspective of someone who hasn't seen them in such a long time, especially this:
but I don't expect most bands to play things I heard the previous time when over a decade has passed.

Well I just woke up after coming home from the concert in Aberdeen last night. It was awesome, my ears are still ringing, and my neck is sore, but its all good :D.

I got given a copy of the setlist, so here goes:

1. Terminus
  2. The lesser faith
  3. The treason wall
  4. The wonders at your feet
  5. Lost to apathy
  6. Hedon
  7. Inside the particle storm
  8. The endless feed (Although I do not think they played this one, it is on the setlist)
  9. Focus shift
  10. Miserys crown
  11. Punish my heaven
  12. Therein
  13. Blind at heart (Again same with the endless feed)
  14. My negation
  15. Final resistance
  16. Lethe
  17. The new build

Well i hope you guys enjoy the gigs to come :)

Hedon and Lethe. That is really nice of them. I just hope they will be headlining in Germany. I don't want to see them playing a short set for the forth time :( .

I stood up, i m counted on and I m gonna tell you 5 songs DT are not gonna play in the London gig:

- Hours passed in Exile
- Am I One
- One Thought
- Edenspring
- Nothing to no One (weird I never heard it in 3 Fiction tour gigs)

I d be sooo delighted to be wrong. In UK people know (and sing) lyrics, I d spare a few "cool-catchy" ones (Terminus) and go with substance ;)

told ya :cry:

I m sure it's just lazyness, they never practice...so they play the same over and over, and I know I m right.

well it's the day after the york gig and a killer one it was.omnium gatherum where a solid support act showing a lot of potential.dark tranquillity then ripped through their setlist of 15 songs playing to a high level of musicianship helped by a great soundsystem at york.my only gripes where the club had a low stage and an even lower ceiling meaning you could hardly see the band but i managed to find a slightly elavated area of standing which helped.also i couldn't get a tour t-shirt as all the xl ones had been sold.
best yet after the show i went round the back to the tour venue with a few other fans upon the lead singer came out of omnium gatherum and chatted awhile.i asked him if the dark tranquillity guys would sign a flyer he said knock on the tour bus and ask.i did mikael stanne opened the door said all the band would sign and invited me on the bus while they did.totally brilliant moment by a great band.great p.r.a top night.

S7000171.jpg