Ultimate Information Thread

Dead_Lioness said:
irish people spell words differently, and have their own english vocabulary, so whats your point ?

Irish people spell words differently than British??? No we dont. Fair enough we do have some different "slang" words and colloquisms (but you get that everywhere) and well there is the whole gaelic language, but the majority of people dont even know it let alone speak it (especially in Northern Ireland), well most people know a phrase or two. But yeah as for spelling of other words besides those above we spell things the same as the British.

Beorn of MythOdeviL said:
But I'll still be a jew, right?
I want to note a fact, no provocation, a serious one, all you holocaust deniers - ignore.

Hitler killed jews not by religion. By ethnic belongness. Most of the jews in Germany (for example) were assimilated and you couldnt usually tell the difference between a jew and a german. In this case jews were treated as a nation rather than a religious movement. But they were slaughtered by the millions (at least 6 millions) just because maybe some grandmother of agrandmother was jewish. Of course there were the religious ones, the stereotipical jew, if you will in their black coats and hats and beards etc. But there also the non religious jews. So if they were considered jews, why cant I consider myself a jew? A russian jew, an Israeli jew, any type you will. Hitler killed French, Polish, German, Czech, Austrian, Hungerian, Ukrainian jews - the list is looooong.
Again, no offence to anyone, just trying to explain my point of view.
My dear, i've never ever denied the holocaust, neither do i share hitlers point of view towards judaism, you've pushed me in the wrong corner...

Of course couldn't one tell the difference between a jew and a german (this is, what i've tried to explain in my post, you've quoted) because judaism is a religious affilation, whilst anatomical differences are caused by ethnicity...

sanityfails said:
Irish people spell words differently than British??? No we dont. Fair enough we do have some different "slang" words and colloquisms (but you get that everywhere) and well there is the whole gaelic language, but the majority of people dont even know it let alone speak it (especially in Northern Ireland), well most people know a phrase or two. But yeah as for spelling of other words besides those above we spell things the same as the British.
How's the metal scene in your country? Apart from Primordial, that I already adore.

Patric said:
How's the metal scene in your country? Apart from Primordial, that I already adore.
Not too good unfortunately, there is a few half decent unsigned bands about but none of them really get any publicity at all, which is a bit shite. If your interested in the metal scene over here go to www.metalireland.com, has links to bands sites and stuff like that. Wish the metal scene was better here. We dont even get many decent bands coming here especially in the north. Get some coming to dublin sometimes but its a pain for me to get down and back.

Wolfenmond said:
My dear, i've never ever denied the holocaust, neither do i share hitlers point of view towards judaism, you've pushed me in the wrong corner...

Of course couldn't one tell the difference between a jew and a german (this is, what i've tried to explain in my post, you've quoted) because judaism is a religious affilation, whilst anatomical differences are caused by ethnicity...

I've never accused you in denial of The Holocaust, it was rather a disclaimer and an intro for explaining my thought better. I never accused anyone in that, but such ppl exist and this adressed to them.
Sorry if you misunderstood me.
However I see difference between Judaism as a religion and Jews as ethnicity. Not every Jew is Judaist and not every Judaist is Jewish.

I got your point, and you have mine.

Patric said:
Hoyn, will you be joining me to Belzepub soon? Last time was a blast...I hope to get even more drunk this time around, hopefully before Xmas if I can smuggle a few bottles from Denmark...
Yeah, it was fun, I had a good time until I woke up the next day... :D

It was Belzepub today, but I didn't go... I think it's again in 2 weeks (19th?) - Iron Maiden evening or something like that.

I'll check with some beerbuddies and fellow metalheads as well, so maybe I'll be there sitting and drinking beer then!

Name: Charlie Daedric (CD)
Job: skinning sinners
aspirations: to fuck you in the face