Ulver's Nattens Madrigal

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
Hey ppl,

I've heard the rumour that Ulver made The Madrigal of Night in the woods!!!
You know, just brought the equipment into the forest, turned it on and played it loud while recording it.

Is that true?
It is indeed the only Ulver masterpiece that doesn't list the name of the studio they've recorded it in, and the idea of the Garm and co. in the woods in the middle of the frosty night howling at moon & playing Darkthrone-like Black metal is quite amusing to me:)

Please investigate this.
If it is true, I'll love Ulver even more (even I love them so much already enough that's not quite possible);)

cheerz

it's a complete lie.

Century Media gave Garm tons of money to finance the production, but instead of that the motherfucker buyed a car and recorded the album in a friend's garage-studio.

that's why the album almost didn't have any promotion.

grrrrrrrr.......for some strange reason,half of the stuff i wrote in my previous post disappeared.....

well,I have read in an interview that this car doesn\t belong to Garm,neither to any of the other guys......

It's Ulver's debut recorded in 1994 entitled 'Bergtatt - et eeventer 5 capitler' or something.
It's great album, one of the best black metal albums ever.

Nattens Madrigal NEEDS to be primitive, showing the true quintessence of black metal in its beginnings(1991 and so).

Every Ulver album has its point and thus all are masterpieces.

'Bergtatt - et eeventer 5 capitler'? Thanx! Now, I'm about to argue "'Bergtatt - et eeventer 5 capitler' is the best!".:) It is so melancholic and soulful ! Very good for debute! Do you have lyrics to it or names of songs? The second song from this album just tears my heart.

Yeah, it has those quiet intro, with acoustic guitar and flute, and then, in the next second - RRRROOOOOOOAAARRRRRR.
THAT'S real melancholic black metal.
I like the third track best, with the mid piano part following some scared-the-hell-out fella walking through the woods in the night. Awesome! (btw, Sverd from Arcturus played that piano)

Yes, I do have the lyrics and they are all in Norwegian, so it will take lots of time for me to type them all (plus they are typed in gothic letter, and I have to study what does it say).
But if you want them so much...