UM Fantasy Baseball League

EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE READ THIS

I pushed the draft date back to Sunday March 23rd @ 1:00 P.M. EST. We are still waiting on Belligerent to pm me his yahoo ID.

There's a possibility that I won't be able to make this. That weekend we have a tournament in Tennessee. No actual games that day but I'll probably be on some bus driving back. I may or may not have a laptop.

I should be able to make it then. It would have been interesting running around Buffalo with Nick looking for highspeed internet on Sunday.

Deleted my team. Not going to be able to make the draft and would probably miss a lot of the early season. It can be a 10 team league now since whatshisname won't send his e-mail.

Okay so I drafted my main team last night. I think I did very well. The big steals I think were Todd Helton in the 13th round and Jeremy Guthrie in the 19th (he's an opening day starter for god's sake). The only thing I'm a little worried about is SP, but that is always secondary and can usually b e fixed over the course of the season whereas you can almost never pick up a huge bat.

Round Pick Player Position
1. (8) Jimmy Rollins SS
2. (17) Ryan Braun 3B
3. (32) Álex Ríos OF
4. (41) Erik Bedard SP
5. (56) Carlos Peña 1B
6. (65) José Valverde RP
7. (80) Corey Hart OF
8. (89) Aaron Harang SP
9. (104) Brad Hawpe OF
10. (113) Huston Street RP
11. (128) Brad Penny SP
12. (137) Dustin Pedroia 2B
13. (152) Todd Helton 1B
14. (161) Jarrod Saltalamacchia C,1B
15. (176) Dontrelle Willis SP
16. (185) Rafael Betancourt RP
17. (200) Orlando Hudson 2B
18. (209) Justin Upton OF
19. (224) Jeremy Guthrie SP,RP
20. (233) Hideki Okajima RP
21. (248) Julio Lugo SS

Okay so I drafted my main team last night. I think I did very well. The big steals I think were Todd Helton in the 13th round and Jeremy Guthrie in the 19th (he's an opening day starter for god's sake). The only thing I'm a little worried about is SP, but that is always secondary and can usually b e fixed over the course of the season whereas you can almost never pick up a huge bat.

Round Pick Player Position
1. (8) Jimmy Rollins SS
2. (17) Ryan Braun 3B
3. (32) Álex Ríos OF
4. (41) Erik Bedard SP
5. (56) Carlos Peña 1B
6. (65) José Valverde RP
7. (80) Corey Hart OF
8. (89) Aaron Harang SP
9. (104) Brad Hawpe OF
10. (113) Huston Street RP
11. (128) Brad Penny SP
12. (137) Dustin Pedroia 2B
13. (152) Todd Helton 1B
14. (161) Jarrod Saltalamacchia C,1B
15. (176) Dontrelle Willis SP
16. (185) Rafael Betancourt RP
17. (200) Orlando Hudson 2B
18. (209) Justin Upton OF
19. (224) Jeremy Guthrie SP,RP
20. (233) Hideki Okajima RP
21. (248) Julio Lugo SS

I recognize alot of the guys on that list. Seems like a good draft.

I don't really know as much about baseball as most people. Just recently started liking it, so my draft in this league is probably going to blow and/or I'm just going to pick the guys I know that are good highest I can. I'm not too concerned about winning as much as I am learning more about the game and the players.

I recognize alot of the guys on that list. Seems like a good draft.

I don't really know as much about baseball as most people. Just recently started liking it, so my draft in this league is probably going to blow and/or I'm just going to pick the guys I know that are good highest I can. I'm not too concerned about winning as much as I am learning more about the game and the players.
To be honest as long as you don't draft like shit you can compete. You just need to stay on top of things throughout the year and add players as they hit hot streaks. This is especially important for pitching because you will usually only get one (two if you're lucky) completely dependable starters and there are always injuries.

To give you an example last year I drafted Brian Fuentes (former Rockies closer who blew like 6 straight saves in July). I recovered and got his replacement Manny Corpas and things were fine. I also picked up Fausto Carmona early in the season and dominated my league in pitching. All that from undrafted people

I just dropped him for LoDuca. Catcher is pretty much always a black hole. Victor Martinez is really the only reliable catcher and people way overpay for him. I'd rather get a better player from a deep position than a worse player that happens to be a catcher

Victor Martinez is really the only reliable catcher and people way overpay for him.

Hey now.

untitled.jpg