UM fantasy premier league 2015/2016 (SOCCER)

I don't even bother buying Kane cause he's inconsistent as fuck. Coloccini was cleared of his suspension but what it is for when the loss is still actual...XXI century and still referees are shit.

i don't hate chelsea as much as most people 'cause my mum became a fan in the '90s back when they were very likeable (ken bates and dennis wise aside lol) and i still remember those days. jose really is a child though, this downfall is more or less entirely his fault.

Chelsea made wrong transfers. They don't have the squad depth. And still I don't know why Mou doesn't let Baba play. Azpilicueta makes costly mistakes.

their depth isn't bad IMO. most teams would kill to field a bench on the level of begovic, zouma, baba, mikel, ramires, oscar, remy - including some of the top prem teams - plus they still have arguably the strongest first XI in the league on paper (city have the strongest players but also more weaknesses methinks). i think their problem is more a loss of form because loads of players are unsettled and have no confidence, due to the carmeiro thing and jose having a big extended public meltdown and lashing out at his own players and scapegoating etc.

unlike most people i don't see a big problem with their transfer window; they've lost none of their first XI from last season, added some good players in pedro, begovic and baba - if this squad was performing to the level it's capable of they'd be comfortably top of the league again. i just think the atmosphere around stamford bridge is so toxic ATM they can't reach that potential.

Yep. The players look tired and burnt out from Mourinho's style - Hazard, Costa, Matic, Ivanovic, Fabregas all looking bad, Costa apparently returned overweight to pre-season. Depth-wise, I'm kinda in between you two - yes, they have some depth and shitload of good young players, but

a) Jose doesn't really trust them, he plays his favourites instead(Ivanovic)
b) players like Ramires, Mikel, Remy are not really like for likes replacements and I guess they'd have to change formation a little bit

I think they have to stop trying to grind the results, fans are bored of it if they're not winning. And stop with off field shenanigans, again, it's pissing everybody off if they're not winning.

ivanovic is in kind of a similar position to rooney for us, i think. an important 'figure' in terms of leadership, dressing room mentality etc, but increasingly a liability as a player. terry looks like he's heading the same way, but to be fair people were saying that a couple of years ago and he rebounded to become arguably defender of the year last season, so i'm not writing him off yet.

you're right about the bench not being like for like, that's fair enough. then again i've always felt fabregas doesn't really fit into that team anyway and they'd be better off adjusting the setup a little. plus he's been total shit for nearly a year now. he and ivanovic would definitely be my primary targets for replacement, not hazard, matic, costa or even terry just yet. i don't think costa's been bad this season TBF in terms of performance, he's just had fitness/discipline issues (not for the first time).

the dumb thing is that chelsea's most effective period in this second spell under mourinho was the first half of last season when they were actually super exciting and scoring goals for fun!

Yeah, we need to win today against Villa. They're a really mediocre team and only waiting for being hammered. There will be no excuses if we won't end up victorious after this match. Lamela finally started scoring what makes me cheerful.

And when it comes to Chelsea, I'm still shocked Obi Mikel is still at the club. A piece of wood which can't even pass the ball to his teammate in 10 metres distance isn't probably needed at the club, is it? And he's at the Bridge since 2006...

bit of a jittery end for you guys after controlling it for 80 minutes, but your goals were nice! annoying that eriksen wasn't involved :mad:

re: mikel, yeah, i'm so glad they stole him out of our laps haha. matic is class though, in theory anyway. mikel supposedly used to be a bustling toure-esque box to box midfielder before chelsea got a hold of him lol.

Yeah, a nice win of ours.

I guess Mikel was being prepared to be Makelele's successor, but it never materialized. He has always been a decent player, and now he's just a dead wood needing removal.

we've now gone about 440 minutes without conceding and, before rooney's goal, had gone about 360 minutes without scoring. i was starting to wonder if we even existed anymore.

Several nice matches this week, going to watch City vs Liverpool and Newcastle vs Leicester. The latter may contain plenty of goals as both teams concede a lot. I hope The Magpies will win, although Vardy and Mahrez are unpredictable and can win the match themselves.

that's assuming vardy's fit, he's a doubt unfortunately. would be a shame if that stopped him getting the consecutive goals record.

i'm so thrilled by the prospect of watching utd vs. watford i can barely contain myself.

I didn't see that coming at St. James' Park. A carnage. Fucking embarassment for Newcastle fans, and Vardy proved he's officially a legend now.

Newcastle are, unfortunately, a joke of a club. Spent so much money for quality signings like Georginio, Mitrovic or Thauvin and still they are almost at the bottom.

Was watching Watford vs United yesterday. Really nice match. Your side finally presents some decent football that is entertaining.

City vs Liverpool was quite a shock. I haven't seen Liverpool playing such good football since Suarez departed. Lallana looks great, and Emre Can's heel pass was something amazing.

newcastle need a new fucking defence. it's been so obvious, for so long. it's beyond painful.

and yeah, we looked quite good yesterday especially considering martial was out. it's incredibly obvious how much better we are without rooney in the team haha. we did totally switch off around the hour mark though, very lucky to escape that game with a win. more de gea heroics <3

liverpool were outstanding but my god, city are like a totally different team without kompany. i'm not sure i've ever seen a defence be so dependent on one player.

Last edited: