UM fantasy premier league 2015/2016 (SOCCER)

i know vardy and mahrez will hog the limelight, but i think kante has a genuine claim for player of the season. he's an absolute monster and incredibly consistent. players like that don't tend to get accolades though.

i also think the less glamorous spurs midfielders deserve a lot of praise. poch has turned dembélé into the player i always thought he could be, he's been world class at times, and dele alli has been better than any other english midfielder this season IMO. van dijk is another signing of the season candidate, been incredibly reliable recently.

Haha yeah, I remember your fans being cheerful because of the fact that you bagged them three goals. Great achievement, even against a ligue one team which is at the bottom of the table :tickled:.

we destroyed moneyball in the second leg. nice to see memphis play well for a change, and some of these youngsters look better than our piece of shit first XI at the moment lol

How terribly wrong I was on Rashford... Massive talent, man. I don't want to see his talent wasted like Wilson's in the future. Bright future for him and some other youngsters at Trafford.

I've totally forgotten about FPL but we can still talk about the current situation in the league. Spurs to win, Leicester to come second. English national team has two great strikers now, unbelievably powerful attacking force.

i knew you guys would conveniently 'forget' about fpl once i romped away into the lead ;)

but yeah, leicester are gonna win the league. i'd bet a substantial amount of money on it right now, were i a betting man. their form continues to be as good as spurs' and they have more points and arguably better fixtures. spurs are nailed on for top 2 though.

kane and vardy are both terrific, the question now is whether they can play together. i really hope they can! i think sturridge is class too, it's a shame about his endless injury troubles.

well, they did it. one of the most amazing fairytales in the history of sports. 5000-1 (or +500000 for americans) odds at the start of the season. still can't fucking believe it.

Reactions: EspaDa
I was too busy and I overlooked your post. Yeah, they've gone against the grain and done it. They did football a great favour. Beautiful story about a bunch of outsiders.

Newcastle got relegated in the end. Fucking Sunderland. Hope players like Mitrovic and Townsend stay at Newcastle so that they can gain promotion next season. Will be tough though.

Norwich were shit for most of the season. They were playing boring football, just like WBA. Sunderland made great transfers, and they are alive only because of Defoe, Lamine Kone and Wahbi Khazri. Quality signings.

No CL for United! :rofl:

big sam is a quality manager. boring no doubt, but he knows what he's doing. they did well to appoint him when they did. and yeah, those signings have done the business as you say.

i think comparing norwich to west brom is an exaggeration - they actually have exactly the same goals scored and goals against tally as newcastle for what that's worth. they also scored more than palace and watford, and the same amount as stoke. i'm biased 'cause i lived there for a while, but it's also just a relatively small, quaint family club with limited resources, i always root for teams like that.

utd still have an outside chance of CL imo, even though we don't really deserve it. swansea have won four home games on the spin, whereas bournemouth are cack atm and we're pretty reliable at home. i mean, i'd be surprised to see city lose but much stranger things have happened this season, and they seem to choke in all their big games just lately. i also wouldn't be surprised if city lost and we failed to win, that'd be classic van gaal-era utd. :/

let me know if any of you are interested in doing a euro 2016 fantasy league btw. i'll be doing it either way, i've got time off work and plan on watching the majority of the games. super excited.

How the fuck do you manage to listen to all the music you do, watch all the films and TV shows you do and keep up with like every sport ever?! Do you read a lot as well?