UM Hall Of Fame November 2017 Inductions

H.P. Lovecraft

Mar 9, 2016
Ry'leh
A hair tardy on this, but we're moving in for it now. Same rules, same game, up to 15 acts that you deem worthy of induction, you may alter your votes as you will during the voting cycle, and make sure to double check the Museum here for inductees, because we had several glaring repeats last round as glorious as it was: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/ultimate-metal-hall-of-fame-museum.1026011/

The conclusion of this round will be reached this time on December 4th, so go forth, and Lemmy be with you.

Reactions: Baroque
Secrecy
Realm
Goatlord
Liquid Tension Experiment
Believer
Sortilège
Hammers of Misfortune
Anthem
Deathrow
Tokyo Blade
Bruce Dickinson
Paradox
Attack (Germany)
Dark Moor
Gamma Ray

Reactions: CiG and Baroque
The usual suspects:

Atrox
Détente
Fear of God (US)
Madder Mortem
Midnattsol
Mortillery
Sacrilege (UK)

Reactions: CiG
Death SS
Mötley Crüe
Twisted Sister
Alice Cooper
Gamma Ray
Warning
Dark Funeral
Beherit
Revelation
Anthem
Dark Tranquility
Tokyo Blade
Massacre (Florida)
KMFDM
Doro

Well, none of my previous picks made it in, so... C+P

Death SS
Attack (Germany)
Count Raven
Revelation
Coven (13)
Medieval Steel
Leviticus
Sarcofagus
Hammers of Misfortune
DoomSword
The Gates of Slumber
Twisted Tower Dire
Lamented Souls
Attacker
N.M.E.

Last edited:
Never thought of KMFDM as a metal band, as fantastic as they are. Perhaps I just haven't heard enough or simply not the albums by them which are metal.

Certainly metal? Starting with which album? I also don't think Ministry are metal, even though a small amount of their albums are hard rock borderlining metal.

Atrocity
Believer
Bruce Dickinson
Death SS
Deathrow
Dream Death
Gamma Ray
Goatlord
Meshuggah
Messiah
Order from Chaos
Prong
Rage
Realm
Secrecy

I don't really think of KMFDM as metal but I'm not that familiar with them tbh. I've heard metal riffs in some songs but not really a defining element of their sound, unlike Ministry past their early stuff.

Last edited:
Certainly metal? Starting with which album? I also don't think Ministry are metal, even though a small amount of their albums are hard rock borderlining metal.
Angst would be that album honestly, though they absolutely had guitar riffs that are metal prior to that. Ministry? The Land of Rape and Honey is arguably the very first industrial metal record.