Unbeleivable

Valdemius

Aug 6, 2002
Espoo, Finland
I'm literally shocked. I never imagined how great Symphony X couls and did sound live some hours ago. Stratovarius never had a chance. Russell's singing was something out of this world. Actually that goes for the whole lot. Symphony X hyped the house with simply good music and excellent stage charisma. They did what Stratovarius couldnät do with 10 times the budjet, all the lights and pyrotechnics and that crap. Rullo proved that a good drummer doesnät necessarily need a big set, with just a small set he managed to sound totally mindblowing. I doubt I'll be sleeping very soon...

Man, I wish Symphony X would come close to me again. Last time they came, I couldn't go because my parents refused to drive me two hours. Goddamn being 15 and liking underground music..!

Valdemius said:
I'm literally shocked. I never imagined how great Symphony X couls and did sound live some hours ago.

Valdemius, thanks for posting this. I have been looking forward to hearing how the guys are doing and reviews of the shows over there.
Keep 'em coming !
BTW......very interesting that Stratovarius is using pyro and stage effects, etc. No, SymX doesn't need all that. Their music and their talent is ALL they need. After the Rhode Island club disaster, I can't see why any band is using pyro in small venues other than to enhance excitement that their stage show alone can't generate. I hope they're being responsible and careful. OK, I've said enough. :eek: Bye.

The Yngster said:
I feel your pain, except for I have a dad who enjoys the music so he doesn't mind driving me.

yeah I'm also young (16) but fortunately I have parents listening to Joe Satriani, Metallica, Steve Vai, Deep Purple, etc. so they can also appreciate bands like Symphony X. My dad will go with me the 29th of March to Symphony X. Oh man he will be blown away w00t!!