Unblessing The Purity Review

I dont know how many times you have listened to it yet but the more you listen to it the more groove you will find.
Right now, to me, the old ones feels a bit boring compared to UTP.

I was honestly endowed insanity of the best kind, the bloodbath kind, when I heard the RTC vocals spring forth like a wolf on a lamb in UTP.
bloodbath has come such a long way(but haven't we all?), when I had nothing left to look forward to in life, RTC gave me the gift of eternity and all it's malignant anguish(before I admired NMF, I was a death-thrash zombie with only one purpose.. to consume all and extinguish the sufferings).
However, this new EP is good. Not great, but good. It's a sampler, I know but.. the latter just didn't ring the same way. Bloodbath used to be about carnage and rage of the relentless foul-natured, but now.. it's a spill on religion.
The riffs are amazing, the feverish-swelling-sweeps-(COOL STUFF !!1! LOL)-whatever you want to call them, sunk into my mind and unlocked something never thought of before. Hell, even the drums have been kicked in the face, beaten and bruised to black and blue, eaten, spat out, pissed and defiled upon, and evolved to heavy blast beats and "modern" sounds, which is stellar.
Each song is a super nova coarsing through the untrue realities, devouring what I like to call, "misleading".
Some things on this album are a little generic sounding but they deliver more of a message than anybody else could have.

"Blasting The Virgin Born"

The song explodes like a fucking bomb, first word is Nazarine. This is the ultimate kick in the face to religion.
The drums symbolize the power being sent to the deceived believers. They've still kept their infamous over-dubbed, reverbed melodic riffs. Rhythm is a little spontanious compared to earlier work. Before the solo kicks in there's a nice-intoxicated riff that plays through.

Pretty damn good song.

4/5 kicks to the pope's crotch

"Weak Aside"

This song can be summed in 2 words. FUCKING DRUMS. People say it as "we're born to reign as masters" but I believe he's saying "bastards", why not? fuck marriage.
The word "elite" alone gives this song mundo bonus.
Speed picking is another thrill that you can pick up and play by ear. The solo is a little,. um, Slayer.
Tremelo hammer-on's and pull-offs are as neat as ever.
AAAnd those growls, <33. That is Mikael entertaining us.

"Sick Salvation"

I thought this song was pretty dandy, the song that gives you that swarm of flies feeling.
Also, the stereo trem cuts along quite nicely. The over-dubbed screams after just enough to douse the sun.
Solo's simple but good, hey seriously need to pull off some Hammett in the future( Don't kill me ).
The first time I heard this song I was playing counter-strike:source and when the german-over-the-radio kicked in I thought my life was set.

"Mouth of Empty Praise"

This is the dirtiest song on the album, IMO. Itt's also my favorite. The sweep is sickening, I fucking love it. tabs plz? :D
I have some of it learnt by ear, mainly the rhythm after the swelling, feverish sweep. ohhboy.
I love the screaming of the apostiles, that just ends life itse'f with the final song. The sweep rhythm walks hand in hand with the last solo which enters the sweep. This song could not have been more complete.

GG Bloodbath.

very brutal album, this is the first bloodbath album that ive listened to, many may want to kill me for this, but the vocals remind me of Randy Blythe from lamb of god, only a crapload better

very brutal album, this is the first bloodbath album that ive listened to, many may want to kill me for this, but the vocals remind me of Randy Blythe from lamb of god, only a crapload better

You must be new to death metal comparing things to Lamb of God, but that is ok, everyone has to start some where. :)

If you like UTP so much, go and buy all 4 other releases. If you want the most brutal vocals ever, listen to Nightmares Made Flesh next, but some people will disagree with me. Everything they've done should meet and exceed all expectations for new listeners!

Btw, after letting UTP sink in for the many months it has been out now, I do like it much more than my initial review made it seem. ;)