Unblessing The Purity Review

Yeah, I love Resurrection Through Carnage much more than I like Nightmares Made Flesh, but the new CD keeps growing on me. Except for one track, but the rest kicks now.

Well I finally got my copy of the CD today. It is so much more satisfying listening to it on my setup at school right now than listening to the iTunes download.

The album doesn't sound like any Bloodbath releases so far. At least to me it doesn't. This EP is fucking brutal. I think it is more aggressive than the other Bloodbath releases. I want to headbang throughout the entire thing and growl along with Mike. There are catchy hooks in all of the songs, which is always good thing.

Guitar solos are a very welcome addition for me as well.

Christ this thing is brutal. Another great release....when can we expect a full length? :p

Well .... first I heard the "Blasting The Virginborn" sample from Bloodbath official site I was like WOOOOOW. I really much liked it, but in the end it's just the first ~1:20 minutes of the song. After that the song "dies". Those solos are boring and weak. This was the first dissappointment. Other than that the MCD leaves a "not really finished" feeling. Well, could be the lack of Dan. Then there is that disturbing part with that movie sample and "Mouth Of Empty Praise" is the worst thing I heard from Bloodbath. The begginning is good, but the solos kill the song ... again.

Now the positive part: Mike's vokals are better then ever. The guitar sound is perfect (it's abso-fucking-lutely not too low) and then come the extreme drum speeds + blasts to finish the killing procedure \m/

My favs are Weak Aside and Sick Salvation (except for the sample part). Blasting The Virginborn is killed by those weak solos and Mouth Of Empty Praise, again, has only a good beginning.

At this point I am only partially statisfied and we'll see what the full lenght will hear like.

just got the cd yesterday, and it hasnt blown me away. im really glad mikael is back, the vocals are 10x better now. the guitars are way too low in the mix and the recording is pretty sub par, way too many mids, no bass, pretty crappy in all honesty. i hope bloodbath gets it right before they release the full record, maybe the guitarists could swallow some pride and get mike to help with the sound.
7/10 for me.

well you have to think about how long this took and the deal they had.
they were obviously limited in many ways with their wages and such.

i fucking love this fucking cd. Each song just screams DESTROY like MadTinus said ^

Yeah, I have to agree with UTP having better production. Although, compared to NMF (and all of their other records for that matter), it has a different production style. They definitely didn't want to go fully back to NMF which is fine by me. For the music they made this time, I think the production was PERFECT. Great job guys!

agreed about it sounding more full than NMF, still the guitars are too low for me

one of the reasons for it being more full is because the low frequencies are more down in the sound picture, like it should be on every record, NMF misses the bass coming "from the bottom"

its crazy how this cd is so short but so fucking tight!

ive been kravin some new bloodbath haha