Unblessing The Purity Review

the tracks aren't as memorable as the older were, guess because of the absence of Dan Swano

the production is awesome but only drums and vocals wise

the guitars are too low, I think that's mostly because the voice is so high

example: the ending of Weak Aside at 3:35

maybe the full length album will have better production and hopefully more memorable songs

like they used to say in The Breeding Death EP: brutality throw simplicity

groooove man

Again, I don't miss the "memorable" piece of the music. Dan wrote great songs, no doubt...but they have created some brutal death metal that's not boring or straight forward. This is not an easy thing to do. Oh, and The Soulcollector has been one of my top ten Bloodbath songs since the second I heard that first pitch harmonic. Gah! So good!

I think that the three original songwriters would all write in a style that fit well together, that made an album complete. This album is good but I'm sure with one dan song it would've made it complete.

I still really like it though =)

Got my copy on friday and it blasted me totally away.
I gave it nearly 100 times a listen and it still rocks. Definitevly the best Death Metal output for over 5 years. I was totally surprised as I heard the complete Mini-CD. It's so amazing how brutal Bloodbath sounds today. I didn't expected such a massacre. For me it's the perfect Death Metal-EP: Many many Blastbeats, brutal Groove-parts, epic melodies and the most brutal growling which Mike has ever done. I'm totally surprised, because the clips which were published a few weeks ago, weren't very representative, because the music on this EP makes only sense in the complete context. That's also the reason why I can not pick up a song, where I can say it is the best one. The complete creation is absolute ingenious. Bloodbath finally have found their own style where they mix American old school Death Metal with old Swedish Death Metal.
I like it after three days of listening much more than NMF, which is three proof for it brilliancy ;)
Can't wait for a complete album. I would say it plays nearly on one level with RtC und BD. :kickass:

Anybody else notice that those of us who love NMF better than RTC don't critique Unblessing The Purity so harshly?

UTP pwns all