Unblessing The Purity Review

So I finally got the CD today! Hooray!
Im 4 days and 4 pages behind in this thread thanks to the slow shipping and all you weak fuckers who downloaded it from iTunes. :p

Im on my 6th listen now and its growing on me quick.
I heard the samples a few times so I was expecting something different. They sure have kicked up the speed this time, loads of blastbeats and I like it. :headbang:

This album screams Morbid Angel to me, the guitars has a more muddy sound and the riffs and melodies are fast, twisted and sick.
Blakkheim naming Weak Aside from the first words of Domination, the riffs that kicks in at 0:55 has a serious Dawn of The Angry-vibe, this is obviously a tribute to Vincent and the guys in Morbid Angel. Groovy stuff, I love it!

Micke sounds great, maybe not as brutal as on RTC imo, but hes a fucking beast like usual and it goes well with the new sound.

I can see how someone that want more catchy stuff would get a bit disappointed with this realease, Swanö's absence is kind of obvious when it comes to that. But i think Mouth of Empty Praise is good example that the guys can write catchy stuff aswell.

Overall it might be harder to digest this EP compared to what they have put out before, but I think it will stay fresh for quite some time.

Best review (according to me) yet

Got my CD now, so I can listen to it in my car and give it the full test ;)

These new jewel cases are fucking gay, first one I've gotten.

^ Calm down...look Qth got hes today we live in the same country and i dident get one....thats wierd imo

Both situations are weird. I was actually getting pumped up. When I was coming home from school, I was thinking of the process for the shipping, and I figured out that there was a good chance in getting it today. Then I saw that Tumn got his, and he is further away from the UK than I am, so I got really excited. The mail came, I got it, and was very disappointed.

Fuck man...I hope mine comes today but it's 2:30 and the mail STILL hasn't arrived at my place...
Good old Canada Post. Only postal workers I've seen who think it's fully acceptable to deliver after 3 pm :Smug:

Still, better to have it late (even if a few days late) than in bits. My girlfriend ordered a very limited EP on vinyl (500 copies made, in the late 70s) and the post man (Royal Mail) decided to fold the packaging in half untill he heard a snap and shoved it through the letter box...

Good old Canada Post. Only postal workers I've seen who think it's fully acceptable to deliver after 3 pm :Smug:

Still, better to have it late (even if a few days late) than in bits. My girlfriend ordered a very limited EP on vinyl (500 copies made, in the late 70s) and the post man (Royal Mail) decided to fold the packaging in half untill he heard a snap and shoved it through the letter box...

Hahahah damn that's harsh. What a stupid postman. Sorry for your loss though.

Damn it! Im lossing my mind over here!!!! I STILL havent gotten the MCD even though I payed it like a month ago..=(
I'm loosing out on everything you are saying
PITTY ME!!!!!!!!!

Same here :mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hope it arrives tomorrow. Otherwise I must give iTunes a try. Can't wait for it any longer....

Haha, I probably got it fast since they know I ordered it first ;) But really, I used my entire 9 digit zip code instead of just the regular 5 digits, it usually speeds up mail.

I blasted this shit in my car this afternoon, production sounds pretty damn good in the car, luckily the weather was nice outside so I had my windows down too!

EP is good, and as you guys know I just disagree with some things on it. The release gets an 8/10 from me, where as the other releases are all 10/10s ;)

Just don't say anything bad or you'll be personally attacked, remember that guys. I am overly critical with everything I listen to, and since I truly care about Bloodbath, that's why I said the things I said.

Mouth of Empty Praise \m/

While I lamented the loss of Swano when it was initially announced, I got over it and was able to listen to this unfettered.

I'm one who thinks NMF is eons better than RTC. I like the Swano style, production and Peter's vocals much better.

That being said, I think I might like this EP even more or just as much as NMF, not something that I thought was possible, even after hearing the samples.

Mikael's vocals are much better than RTC and has a better and different sound than his Opeth stuff. There is just some damn insanely memorable parts to compliment the straight up viscious death metal beats (that people claim are unmemorable).

With the lineup change, I think this helped keep make this EP almost a combination of both the brutalness of RTC & groove of NMF.

Tumn I kinda want to skull fuck you for getting your copy before me.

I also live on the east coast.. PLUS I am way more elite and cool, hence deserve mine before you.

One thing I forgot to comment on, which made me laugh (in a good way) in Mouth of Empty Praise, were the mongoloid noises starting at around 2:14 when Mikael says "Azazel" I'd assume that's happy smiling Jonas doing them. It adds more effect, but is it for those biblical names or what?

It's not a bad thing, but it's strange. I miss the background screaming/growling from NMF which I think added much more to the songs, like on Year of the Cadaver Race.