Underground classics

I absolutely refuse not to include black and death in this thread - sorry. ;)

Black:
Wolfnacht - Heidentum
Xibalba - Ah Dzam Poop Ek
Black Funeral - Az-I-Dahak
Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta
Striborg - Mysterious Semblance
Darkspace - Dark Space II
Infernum - Farewell
Lugubrum - Winterstones

Death:
Atrocity - Longing for Death
Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons
Infester – To the Depths… In Degradation
Molested - Blod Draum/Stormvold
Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection
Rune - The End of Nothing
Afflicted - Prodigal Sun
Ceremonium - Into the Autumn Shade

Doom:
Ras Algethi - Oneiricon: The White Hypnotic
Eyes of Ligeia - What the Moon Brings
Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma
Nortt – Gudsforladt

Traditional:
Satan - Court in the Act
Rage - Perfect Man
Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks!
Confessor - Condemned
Holocaust - The Nightcomers
Pagan Altar - Volume I

Request descriptions if needed.

Amorphis-the karelian isthmus.

I heard Master 'on the seventh day... ' AWFUL. I like oldschool death metal a lot too.

byrne said:
atrocity and golem seconded.

havent heard the infester and molested though. they essential? similar to?

Both are essential, yes. Infester weave majestic melodies subtly around a dark, dirty and often doomy sound to create something with an atmosphere in the vein of Incantation with more epic undertones. Molested are a little more difficult to describe... they often play at a blistering pace and this could warrant comparisons to brutal death metal, but the way their twisted, bizarre, folky harmonies appear in waves out of the misty forest that is the organic production makes these works something special. Savage, yet reflective and beautiful at the same time.

IOfTheStorm said:
Naked Sun - s/t
Weird, extremely unique prog rock/metal (more metal than rock) with no clear influences, except maybe Frank Zappa. Crazy and innovative in every aspect.
true, that's a great album! once you get over those weird operatic vocals :lol:
the guy sure can sing but I can imagine a lot of people hating his voice.

what about their second album, is it any good?

Dodens Grav said:
Can you describe this one? It's the only one I've never heard.

I suppose Gorguts, Golem, Immolation and others could be mentioned in relation to this album, as well as the Neurosis/Isis crowd, but it has its own unique flavour. Warped, technical and varied progressive death incorporating both a heavy use of dissonance and warmer, sweeping passages to create an extremely unsettling, dream-like experience for the listener. Very, very bleak - *too* bleak I first thought, seeing this as being little more than a self-piteous cry, but with more listens it began to move me. Now, I see it as more of a tragic piece - one who finds himself in an ugly world, longing for the beauty of the past, and though retaining faith in things eventually improving, gradually succumbs to despair at the realisation that he will die long before this occurs.

Morgion seem to be vastly underrated. I've found all of their albums to be amazing.

Void of Silence is one as well.