Unfinished tracks we ought to finish...

Well, since we seem to be in need of something to work on, now may be the perfect time to back up a bit and finish some projects we started but never finished.

I've looked through our files and these are the unfinished projects I've come up with. Please post here to make any corrections or additions. :cool:

1. Crazy Train:
--- Needs vocals

2. Enter Sandman:
--- Needs lead guitars
--- Nefilim did a vocal track for this, though I don't recall whether or not he wanted to keep it or not, may need new vocals

3. Futureal:
--- Drum track done, needs everything else

4. Infinite Dreams:
--- Needs vox

5. Murders in the Rouge Mourge:
--- Drums and bass complete
--- Needs everything else

6. Phantom of the Opera:
--- Drums and bass done

7. Stranger in a Strange Land:
--- Drums done

8. The Clansman:
--- Drums and bass done

9. Number of the Beast:
--- Drums and bass done

10. World of the Blind (Virus's original):
--- Drums and guitars done

11. Somewhere in Time:
--- Drums and bass done
---Needs everything else

12. The Assassin:
--- Drums are done

Well, that was what I came up with, and again please make any additions or corrections in this thread as needed.

I'll commit to:

1. Enter Sandman: mixing

2. Stranger in a Strange Land: Bass and mixing

3. World of the Blind: Bass and mixing(unless Virus wants to do it :) )

Ok then... Any volunteers for the others.... ?

Good call EC! :)

The mixing is all yours for World Of The Blind as I erm... suck! ;) 7th did an awesome vocal track which I hope I still have somewhere (As I said in another topic I lost almost everything a few months ago :cry: ) I'll have a good look round and let you know what I find. :) I might re-record the guitars on this one, my sound has sounded way overprocessed but I'll be recording through an amp and microphone now which will make it a little more raw! What do you think?

I'll definately have a piece of the guitars for Futureal, I've got the solo down to a "T" now! :) If no-one else wants to do guitars, I'll do them both...

I'll also have a try at the lead guitar on Enter Sandman as well :) I say try as I may not be able to play it! :eek:

I'll leave it at that for now, but there's a couple of others I wouldn't mind having a go at! :)

Wow. Great minds think alike EC! I had just reviewing and updating my spreadsheet and was going to post what I found. I summed it all up, came here, and saw this post! What are the odds.

So I have some corrections/additions to your original.

1. Crazy Train:
--- Needs vocals

2. Enter Sandman:
--- Needs lead guitars
--- Nefilim did a vocal track for this, though I don't recall whether or not he wanted to keep it or not, may need new vocals - we will also need to see if we can find it.

3. Futureal:
--- Drum track done, needs everything else - Virus, you and I originally signed up for the guitar parts on this. I actually recorded both rhythm guitar parts. I can mail the better one to you. If we can get a bass player to commit, all we would need is your rhythm part and solo. I'll commit to mixing this if we get all the parts.

4. Infinite Dreams:
--- Needs vox

5. Murders in the Rouge Mourge:
--- Drums and bass complete
--- Needs everything else umm.. Did everybody miss my karaoke annoucement of this song? I was rather proud of it! It is up on myplay - go listen when you get a chance. =) - I do still need vocals. I will mix if I get a vocal volunteer

6. Phantom of the Opera:
--- Drums and bass done
--- Needs everything else Amon is still down for guitar, and still pops in saying he is working on it. Adde was down for the other guitar. I'll let Amon continue to work on it. If he finished up his guitar part, I'll do the other in place of Adde. I'll also mix it down - as I volunteered to mix initially.

7. Stranger in a Strange Land:
--- Drums done
--- Needs everything else EC. I would ask you consider doing a bass track for Total Eclipse first. I fear this track will suffer with a keyboard player and I am not sure I am willing to commit to this project yet.

8. The Clansman:
--- Drums and bass done
--- Needs everything else Another track where I have all the guitar parts recorded already. Constantine promised to re-record the bass track, as his original was out of key. We already have keyboards for this as well. Constantine - get busy!

9. Number of the Beast:
--- Drums and bass done
--- Needs everything else Guitars have mostly been recorded. Maidenman was mixing/leading this puppy. IC, if you are still here, if you can send me your guitar parts, I'll finish this puppy up and mix it down for vocals.

10. World of the Blind (Virus's original):
--- Drums and guitars done

11. Somewhere in Time:
--- Drums and bass done
---Needs everything else Hyde and IC were supposed to do guitar. I'll take a listen to the tracks. Medsy, you wanna team up on this one? ..or Hyde, you still interesed in picking up a guitar once again?

12. The Assassin:
--- Drums are done
--- Needs everything else Constantine, Medsy and Ironcross originally volunteered. Get busy guys!

Other Tracks
13. I Want Out:
--- Needs mixing - I believe everything is done, we were just waiting on backup vocals and mixing. I'll see what tracks are available and see if I can mix what we have down.

14. I've Got The Fire:
--- Needs mixing. I believe a karaoke was done, and Jim recorded vox. Unfortunately, nobody ever mixed a vocal version. I'll get on this. I think I have all the tracks needed. A different mixer will mean that the karaoke version will sound different.

15. 7th Son of a 7th Son:
--- Needs a vocal mix. - Medsy, did you ever mix down a vocal version? I've never seen it.

16. Tears of the Dragon:
--- Drums are done
--- Needs everything else - Amon had volunteered for guits.

17. The Tower:
--- Needs vocals

18. Total Eclipse:
--- Drums and guitar done.
--- Needs bass and vocals - EC - you volunteered for bass on this. Crossy and I put some good guitar tracks down for this. Can you help us finish it up?

19. Women in Uniform:
--- Needs vocals. Nefilim originally volunteered.

This thread is great. Here we have kinda been sitting on our collective butts waiting for a drummer to crank out new drum tracks, and we have a boatload of stuff to finish yet. Some of them as old as the original IMG songs! Lets get busy all.

IC - I am especially keen to get Beast and I Want Out done. I'll look to see if I have your tracks, but I doubt it. Can you send to me what you originally sent to Maidenman? Thanks mate.

Originally posted by rabies
3. Futureal:
--- Drum track done, needs everything else - Virus, you and I originally signed up for the guitar parts on this. I actually recorded both rhythm guitar parts. I can mail the better one to you. If we can get a bass player to commit, all we would need is your rhythm part and solo. I'll commit to mixing this if we get all the parts.

That sounds like a plan mate! I haven't got any parts so if you could mixdown a rough drum/bass and guitar mix I could record onto that! :) I will crank this out pretty quick as I've been playing it a lot the last few weeks! :)

Well it's about fun*in time guys:D

1. Clansman. Rabies, your right on this one. I was waiting for Ploughman to redo the drum track. If were leaving it using the original drum, I'll play along with the mix. (My heart is pounding so much in excitment I can't think straight:lol: ) I have the changes you sent me a while back as referance. thanks

2. Futureal. Eddie. Are you doing this one? I'm ok for it. I'm not sure if you guys remember, I lost everything in my computer. EC could you email me at home: themanster@sympatico.ca with the particulars as to where the tracks are for downloading.:cool:
A side note. Can I download the myplay drop box from there site?
Also, where can I dowload a wave to mp3 program?

3. Murders, mix I love it. I feel its one of our best......

4. The Assassian. I believe I sent this track in:confused: I'm confused right now. Sorry guys.... my heart again.
I believe I sent this to MM and someone else. Can you guys have a look around in the lockers? I can redo the track no problems there, but I know there is a version out there somewhere. Yes it's comming back to me. I sent it out in 2 parts. I also believe I was using a mix with drums and guitar. or I was waiting for a guitar part for the between 1:55 - 2:06 for timing???? Help. I'm listing to the track as I type, I sware remembering doing this one.

Summary.
Need to download the tracks for the songs above. Need location of lockers, need to convert wave to mp3's

This is indeed a Happy 4th of July.
Enjoy friends.
Constantine:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey guys, a few hours later and checking past posts I did find that MM has the track. Not sure if it's still in his locker. Comments below.
Constantine

maidenman
United We Stand

Constantine has just supplied another steller bass track, he just has a tiny part to send me then I'll pot his track to his myplay account. so Crossy and Meds it'll be in your hands any day now

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

January 9th, 2002 08:31 PM

maidenman
United We Stand

any progress on this one? Constantines bass track is up in his locker on my play

Rabies: If you want to do CSIT go ahead. I can't play it worth a poop anymore. One of the reasons I got so frustrated a while back was that my playing had just started coming along again and then I developed severe pain in my fret hand. The pain is gone now and I've started playing a little bit but I'm not pushing it. I feel that I wouldn't be able to do CSIT very well right now.

Virus: I originally intended to put down the guitar and bass for a couple of weeks and see if that helped but it didn't. I decided that I might as well quit playing so I didn't even touch the guitar or bass for at least a couple of months. The strange thing was that the pain in my hand hadn't completely gone even though I hadn't been playing. As an experiment, I removed my wedding ring (with my wife's permission of course! :lol: ) and kept it off for a few days. The pain in my hand vanished. I never thought that my ring could be causing the pain but apparently my hand was swelling when I had it on. As long as I don't put on my ring my hand seems fine.
I've been playing the acoustic guitar with my brother and just recently picked up the bass again. So far, so good. No pain. Now the only pain I have is listening to my awful playing!:)

I think from now on I'm not even going to entertain the thought of giving up music completely. I'll just resign myself to the fact that I'll probably never be as good as I once was again, and I'll just have to find things that are within my ability to play as it is now.

Wierd! Is it some sort of allergic reaction to the metal do you think? :confused:

There's no such thing as "Never"! Playing guitar is like riding a bicycle, you never forget! It may take time but you'll be as good if not better than before one day! :)

....and may I add a small pearl of wisdom for you Hyde.

I myself have given up on my hopes of one day playing like Satriani, or Vai, or even as fast/fluid as I once used to play. I simply don't have the time. Or should I say that I don't place as high a value on it as I once used to - after all, we all have the same amount of time, it is how we choose to use it that matters. Some people value being a great guitar player more than..oh..say food and shelter. Not me.

But that does not mean you are not getting better as a musician. 15 years ago, my fingers flew faster and I learned much quicker - but I only listened to one type of music, and concentrated on the technical aspects. Now, I have a much broader range I listen to and I often concentrate more on capturing a 'feeling' during playing than technical proficiency. So in one way, I got worse, in others, I got better.

Maybe this will apply to you - maybe not, but I guess my main point is there is more to being a musician than technical mastery of an instrument. A degradation in this skill does not mean a degradation in others.

Virus: Yeah, I think it is a reaction to the metal. I thought it was totally absurd at first but I've since spoken to a couple of people who have had a similar reaction.

Rabies:I agree with what you say. I have grown in other areas as a musician, even if my playing has gone in the opposite direction.
I guess what is the most frustrating for me is remembering how easy some things once were to play only to struggle through them now, but as you said, there are other things I can do now that I couldn't do then.

Hi!
I just want to say that I'm still alive. :D
I will start again with my parts for Tears Of The Dragon because I bought myself a Boss GT-6 a few days ago. :D
Sorry for the delay.
When I finished Tears i will work on Phantom. I promise.
Again sorry for the delay.
I have a lot of free time the whole July so I wil lwork on it.

Hi Amon
You are just the guy I wanted to talk to. I loaded the bass and drum lines we have for Phantom. I am not sure if you realize this or not, but the two don't match. It starts off ok, but by the end, they are about 1/2 a second apart.

When I get a bit of time, I am going to try to 'fix' it. When that is done, I'll post a good bass/drum mix for you to record with. Until then, I would ask that you don't work on Phantom yet. I would hate for you spend a lot of time recording only to have a track I can't use. I have a couple of other things to do first, but I should have it done within a week or so.

Hi guys :D

Ok rabs, no problemo. I will strat re-recording Tears first. I saw that I'm also involved in the Remember Tomorrow project. If you haven't finished Phantom when I finished Tears then I will start recording Remember.

Anyway, I don't want to rush you. You have all the time you need :D

Originally posted by rabies
....and may I add a small pearl of wisdom for you Hyde.

I myself have given up on my hopes of one day playing like Satriani, or Vai, or even as fast/fluid as I once used to play. I simply don't have the time. Or should I say that I don't place as high a value on it as I once used to - after all, we all have the same amount of time, it is how we choose to use it that matters. Some people value being a great guitar player more than..oh..say food and shelter. Not me.

But that does not mean you are not getting better as a musician. 15 years ago, my fingers flew faster and I learned much quicker - but I only listened to one type of music, and concentrated on the technical aspects. Now, I have a much broader range I listen to and I often concentrate more on capturing a 'feeling' during playing than technical proficiency. So in one way, I got worse, in others, I got better.

Maybe this will apply to you - maybe not, but I guess my main point is there is more to being a musician than technical mastery of an instrument. A degradation in this skill does not mean a degradation in others.

I can relate very well to what you're saying here Rabs. I think we've all gone through that and faced a day where we had to admit that music wasn't going to be a full time occupation.

I have found that I can still make some progress and feel rewarded as long as I try to really focus and get the most from whatever practice time I can find. When I was younger, I could sit and play the guitars all day, but I don't have that sort of time now (as I write this I'm thinking that I'm falling behind on taking care of my lawn and working on remodeling my gameroom :rolleyes: )

Anyway, it's important to make the most of the time I have, and really concentrate on the things I need to practice. The thing that makes this hard for me though, is that I usually need 30-40 minutes just to warm up and get my hands in shape (Doing construction work really beats up and wears out my hands). If my hands aren't warmed up, I can't make a bit of progress, and sometimes I really don't have time to warm up properly, and my practice suffers for it. :(