Unmoored

Sep 14, 2007
Sweden
Is anyone listening to them? If not i encourage you to do so, since you are into Opeth most of you would most likely enjoy this band. They are quite similar to Opeth not exactly soundwise, but in the way that they also have an unorthodox approach to songwriting and does not hesitate to put in non-metal elements into their songs. Plus the singer/growler Christian Älvestam is absolutely fucking outstanding. He even exceeds Mr Åkerfeldt in that appartment if you ask me. But i do feel that they have not reached their full potential yet. A band i follow with excitement.

Yes, this is my favorite Älvestam project, I own all 3 of their albums and thoroughly enjoy them. I'd rather have this band get more exposure than Scar Symmetry, but I like them both. Their 1st album is more heavy metal, 2nd album reminds me a lot of mid-era Hypocrisy, and the 3rd album is damn good.

Sucks that they have no label right now, and I hope they create a new album sometime soon.

Yes, this is my favorite Älvestam project, I own all 3 of their albums and thoroughly enjoy them. I'd rather have this band get more exposure than Scar Symmetry, but I like them both. Their 1st album is more heavy metal, 2nd album reminds me a lot of mid-era Hypocrisy, and the 3rd album is damn good.

Sucks that they have no label right now, and I hope they create a new album sometime soon.

Aye, i agree, i like them a lot more than Scar Symmetry.

Christian was happy when I had him sign all 3 albums, he said he almost never sees them, mostly the first 2 though.