Unofficial opeth forum - The roundhouse

Are going to join the new unofficial non-existed-yet Opeth forum?

• Total voters
Hey guys. The Opeth forum, which maybe you have visited or have been an active member in just like me, is about to be closed and archived due to a decision of the band's leader Mikael Akerfeldt. The motivations lie in some recent issues concerning the overall disrespect between members and the increasing trolling. The exact and detailed reasons are quoted below by Mr. Akerfeldt himself...

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8502136 said:
The amount of shit, rude posts and stuff I've seen here has escalated so much lately. We can't put our stamp of "approval" on this anymore. It's become a playground for immature kids trying to get a rise out of insulting people. We thought it'd be interesting to have a forum where Opeth fans could talk music. I too participated thinking some of you might appreciate that.

Somehow it didn't work out and what's left is just a mess to be honest. So we'll close it down by the end of this week I hope. To be honest we should have done this a long time ago.

For those who are dissapointed I'm sure a new un-official forum will be available somewhere, but that's about it.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8502937 said:
As I said, I don't want us to have an "official" forum as that more or less require my interference. To be honest, if it's about Opeth, my finger's in the pie. I can't help myself. If there's some unofficial forum popping up, I'm sure I might read what's going on there every now and then.

I just don't want an "official" forum, meaning, everything that's said there is "endorsed" by us since we host the whole thing. I can't have people mocking recently deceased people that meant something to a member of the band. It's just too much. I can take shit thrown at me, but I rage when somebody disrespects my friends, family or bandmembers, and I don't need that right now. I/we don't feed from being angry. World's fucked up as it is, I/we don't need forum "trolls" or whatever you call them pouring salt in our wounds on top of everything.

Also, Opeth is about to take a break soon for a duration of about two years. However, it has nothing to do with the decision as explained...

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8502937 said:
This decision has nothing to do with us going on a break soon. It's just over... due to the lack of respect that's been so frequent here. That's all.

So that's it. This thread has been made for all those who desire to keep the forum alive elsewhere and want to keep in contact with others. You can give suggestions and ideas for a new place to locate the future "Official but Non-Official" Opeth forum, design ideas, hosting, url, etc.

This place will stay strong until we find ourselves a new home. We must look forward now, fellows and brothers.

Guys, why don't we ask MetalAge to transfer this to the unofficial part? so it will maintain the same layout and (good) members.
Otherwise, we just make a dependent forum dedicated to opeth discussion, as Nasty said, with good design and runs with vBulletin while we are all used to it.

I think it's complicated to transfer all this to another place where it'd be "unnofficial". The biggest problem for me as for starting a new forum or whatever is that no album is coming out soon, neither any shows.

Anyways...

For those hoping for a continuation of the forum somewhere else, here's a thread that you will be able to post after the place is archived in which we'll be able to decide the future of this forum.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chat/522532-new-opeth-forum-gathering.html

I joined the forum, why can't I post??
And about moderating, i believe most of us, if not ALL, are willing to moderate, I think we all know each other so I suggest we start a poll to choose who is capable to do so, and who has enough time to spend doing so.
Who knows guys, maybe this will be a better place that Opeth deserve? ;)

This is some sad shit. I've been gone for a few months and haven't visited the forum, so I'm not really sure what the tipping point was, but it's quite sad that this *once* great place is about to be a part of history. I'm proud to say I was a member of this forum way, way, back when it actually meant something to the handful of original members that used to gather here and share their love of Opeth and metal in general.

In recent years it's really turned in to a pissing contest in here, there are too many fucking babies whining about meaningless stuff and creating turmoil with other members.

With that being said, this will probably be my last post here. I want to thank all the early members of the forum for all the memories and good conversation. You guys were awesome. So long...

If possible, I want to contribute to the forum. I have experience in webdesign and webdevelopment.