Unofficial raw unmixed album teaser for you guys! (Instrumental)

Sounds great dude :D I love that guitar tone!

Also, what was used for the clean guitars and the lead guitar part at 1.28? They both sound awesome man

fucking AWESOME dude, for real!

As mentioned, keep the drums as natural as they are right now. I love the unique character of the snare...!

Oh's up and maybe do some subtractive eq then high shelf to make them clearer!

id pay for this as it is
fuck
hear that fucking massive drone in the intro too
what the fuck
how good is this shit

Låter riktigt jäkla bra!

That snare sounds so nice. I just have to ask if your willing to share some info on the processing on it.

Looking forward to hearing the final product!

Will you be charging for this, because I will buy it.

Erkan - this is seriously creative and sounds fucking fantastic!!

Awesome to hear that Chris, seriously! :) I haven't thought that much about all the marketing stuff yet but it won't be for free I think because it's an entire album with over 50 minutes of music and I have put down a sickening amount of hours on this. But the main goal with my music is to simply get it out there - I want to show people what you can do with enough willpower and it doesn't have to be the same old generic whatever-core. With that said, I will most likely not be charging a standard album price but I don't know how things will turn out. I'm considering going the label way for marketing and distribution but you all know what I feel about most labels so I would need to find a label that cares and fits me (if they exist that is). I'd start my own label but I'm not sure if I could handle that right now. I'll probably make a thread about this later when the album is reaching its finished state :)

Dude..production and songs are stellar..Will there be vocals or is it going to stay instrumental??

There will be vocals yes. I tried two vocalists and one of them sounded just plain "good" for metal but really not much more than that. Got pretty boring pretty fast for this music. The other guy however had such a crazy personality and emotion to his voice but it was too much, and he wasn't so keen on recording in smaller bits but he'd rather blow through half the song in one take. This yielded really nasty results and I was not happy at all with his performance because deep down I knew he could get so much better. People told me to ditch him and keep looking but I kept working with him instead, getting him to scream as I wanted him to and finally to accept recording in more takes rather than one long. The results were MUCH better and now I feel he fits my vision well enough. A plus to it all is also that his lyrics are just awesome, I could never write anything close to that.

Just want to add..

I hope you don't make the drums any more sampled than they are atm. They may not be technically perfect or sound as good as they could, but they have so much attitude and realness. Odd for this style but it totally works and adds to everything. Don't want another machine record.

Although, I'd raise the overheads a bit. The cymbals are very washy and undefined, and you have a lot of cool cymbal work going on. I'd make them quite a bit louder, and thinner if you have to, just so you get that clarity in there.

Cool thoughts Morgan! No definately not, the samples are well balanced where they are right now in my opinion, and I won't be adding any more. I was considering adding to the toms too but decided not to. Sure, some fills might not sound as clean as they could with samples but then again - all personality would be lost. I also think the drums fit this style and I actually had the drum sound in my mind before even doing a rough mix of them. That helped a lot.

I agree with you about the overheads, that's something I've been meaning to look into once the mixing starts. Right now there is an exciter on the OHs to make them sound "instantly good" just for now, and I haven't taken it off since. I know that exciter makes everything smoother and also scoops out the mids a little (you know, "instant" hi-fi) so I'm gonna use less or remove all of the exciter. That should bring the OH up, and along with some EQ I think it'll become better than it is.

Sounds great dude :D I love that guitar tone!

Also, what was used for the clean guitars and the lead guitar part at 1.28? They both sound awesome man

Hmm good question... :) I have a little bit of different guitar chains for different songs but I think my "standard" clean chain involves WarpVST if I'm not mistaken. That would be the first channel on Warp, the clean channel. It was a long time ago I had a look in the chain for the cleans but I'll go through everything when I make a mixing video for one of the songs. I'll let everyone see what I've used but I won't be handing out presets or shit like that. I don't mind people seeing my settings because they are nothing special and everything depends on the source. I will be stressing that point quite a lot in the vids :)

Oh and the lead is the exact same chain for rhythm guitars but with a low-mid boost before hitting the amp (to mimic the body of a neck pickup since mine isn't wired in right now) and some reverb added to it. I like to push my leads a little bit back in the mix by making them roomy and not so middy and up front. I think this has to do with me not liking that 80's mentality of guitar leads being 90% of the whole thing and also because I'm not a lead player so I use my leads more as yet another instrument instead of simply... well, leads. This is not to say I don't like leads though - I LOVE THEM, god! :D They can be done good and bad. A good example of leads are Behindert's leads, pure awesome, simply some of the best I've heard with his unique style.

id pay for this as it is
fuck
hear that fucking massive drone in the intro too
what the fuck
how good is this shit

You are one of those who have a great taste in music and I know you don't instantly listen to anything that has distortion on it and that's good. Knowing that and hearing you saying this makes it feel fucking awesome Gareth! And it's only gonna get better, you just wait :)

Låter riktigt jäkla bra!

That snare sounds so nice. I just have to ask if your willing to share some info on the processing on it.

Looking forward to hearing the final product!

Thanks, really appreciate it! :)

Can't remember everything in my head right now but it involves a snare bus, a top snare mic (sm57) and a sample track where Behindert's B2 sample sits (if I remember the correct sample). I know there's some staged/serial compression going on and quite a bit of EQ on the sm57 snare track to get rid of all the honk honk. Also have a bottom snare mic (sm58) but I have that muted in the "mix" right now. I might blend some of that in later to give the snare a bit more of the strings. As I said, I'll be going through stuff later in videos when I mix so you'll be able to see then.

First breath, Erkan.....

I´m absolutely sure this will be a kickass album! The riffs, your drumming style is top notch. There are plenty of awesome ideas in there (hamonically and rythmically) what I absolutely dig. You also did an awesome job recording the drums. That´s phantastic!

Thanks for the reply.
Didn't know you were gonna do a video of you mixing this stuff, but that's great. I guess I'll have one more thing to look forward too.
Good luck with everything!

man, this is some fucking impressive writing, and even more technical playing..

you're a fucking good drum player, but it's the guitars that scare me.. no editing on guitar? D:

holy fucking christ..

i too, would pay for this album! i can't wait to hear the finished thing!

thanks,

the day you release this i am going to burn a massive joint and session it LOUD because i can tell this is gonna be one of those albums that takes you on a journey
so stoked, so unbelievably stoked

Langaru samples på virveln sen eller? : 3

The snare really isn't that special but sure, I think I can scrape some samples together. I think I did sample my drums before starting the tracking but I'm pretty sure you don't want the raw samples :) I'll run them through my chains later and produce samples that way, but that's gonna have to wait until the mixing is done so in other words... it'll take a while.

Killer shit, did enjoy! Looking forward to hearing the finished project. :kickass:

Wow thank you so much, and everybody else who has commented so far :)

One big thing to worry about now is that most of you are used to the instrumental clips I've been posting up until now but now that the vocals are (slowly) being tracked, you'll be hearing more clips with vox. I hope you won't hate the music when the vox come in on top because you are used to the instrumental versions. I believe in the vocalist though, and I guess that's what matters.

Holy crap, this is amazing!
I can't believe you played all the instruments, you got some skills...

I would definitely pay for this, I can't wait to hear the final version.

:headbang::headbang: