upcoming Maiden tour to focus on 1st FOUR albums!

Old news, dude! Haven't you seen the new Early Days DVD? The new tour is themed around that.

So long as they deliver a new album next year and tour with new material accordingly, this is well cool in the meantime. Pity I'm probably going to have to miss it :cry:

Man thats so fine with me. The classics were what i grew up on ...bring me back to my school days when i was a huge Maiden fan. When i was in the fanclub in 81 my badge said 0042 WOW they have come along away and a have a few more fans now i would say. I think this gives a better chance for some of the newer fans to get a chance to see some tunes played that may have been scraped to make room for the continuous releases. WIth 4 albums we can hear some stuff they havent played in a while the only disappointment for me would be missing some Powerslave material(my fave ) but i guess thats next tour. Personally, i would rather see them dip into the older material than play a lot of material from Dance of Death. As for Murders i would see them playing that it was a opener on the Number tour and they have pulled it out before. It will be nice to see Eagles Dare as an opener again that song has some great Kick drum work by NIcko. I cant remember the last time i saw them do Phantom live and i would have to think Charlot, running free and sanctuary will make it on the setlist as well. Who knows it will be nice to see what they do end up throwing in the set each night. As far as im concerned ANYTHING they choose from KIllers will be awesome

man if this is true and comes to the U.S. im there.. hope they play Children of the Damned among others.. and/or pretty much the whole Live After Death album.. :Spin:

AngelWitch73 said:
Flogging a dead horse of old material does not sound so bad. :D

I agree, those are the songs I grew up with, as most (if not all) of you were...
But the reason for the tone of my post is that I feel they're slowly beginning to prepare for retirement. There'll be a series of DVD's, each covering a few albums, probably to go along with matching tours. Yeah, they'll play old stuff they haven't played in ages, but what about new material? I feel they're getting so tired about it all and they're just doing their job. Sure, they run around and whatever to deliver a show, but I don't see the fire and enjoyment easily seen on older footage.
Also, am I ever going to hear something that'll knock me off my feet from them? Album-wise they haven't done that since 7th son, although they had many classic songs in between...
Bruce's 2 last records really did knock me off my feet, as opposed to Maiden's recent and not-so-recent works. I hope he'll continue his solo career in the fashion of those 2 albums. :worship:

I'd like to see the show on this tour, though... It was about time they *used* the three guitars, like in Duellists or Flash Of The Blade :headbang:

I agree with you on the three guitars Sickboy. I loved the Brave New World record but it didnt have the guitar work i thought it would when i was anticipating the records release. It cerainly doesnt sound like ther was 3 guitar players on that record.. Personally, i thought Dance of Death was a huge disappointment and think Bruce would rather keep focusing his time on his own stuff i mean Chemical wedding and Accident of Birth are killer records that make many Maiden releases look weak when compared to them. I cant wait for Bruces next release its supposed to be the same feel as Chemical wedding

Fred B said:
Personally, i thought Dance of Death was a huge disappointment and think Bruce would rather keep focusing his time on his own stuff i mean Chemical wedding and Accident of Birth are killer records that make many Maiden releases look weak when compared to them. I cant wait for Bruces next release its supposed to be the same feel as Chemical wedding

My thoughts exactly!
I consider DOD to be very overrated, solely because it's Maiden's record with Bruce on vox. I'm sure it would get it's dose of bashing if Blaze sung on it...

SickBoy said:
I agree, those are the songs I grew up with, as most (if not all) of you were...
But the reason for the tone of my post is that I feel they're slowly beginning to prepare for retirement. There'll be a series of DVD's, each covering a few albums, probably to go along with matching tours. Yeah, they'll play old stuff they haven't played in ages, but what about new material? I feel they're getting so tired about it all and they're just doing their job. Sure, they run around and whatever to deliver a show, but I don't see the fire and enjoyment easily seen on older footage.
Also, am I ever going to hear something that'll knock me off my feet from them? Album-wise they haven't done that since 7th son, although they had many classic songs in between...
Bruce's 2 last records really did knock me off my feet, as opposed to Maiden's recent and not-so-recent works. I hope he'll continue his solo career in the fashion of those 2 albums. :worship:

I'd like to see the show on this tour, though... It was about time they *used* the three guitars, like in Duellists or Flash Of The Blade :headbang:

Maybe they are realizing that their new material can't stand in front of the classic ones.

Before thinking they are going the way of Nazareth, I want to believe they're going to kick Gers, breathe deeply, play a lot of classic stuff and then go back to the studio for the REAL follow-up to SSOASS.

SickBoy said:
My thoughts exactly!
I consider DOD to be very overrated, solely because it's Maiden's record with Bruce on vox. I'm sure it would get it's dose of bashing if Blaze sung on it...

Or many because it's got a bunch of great songs on it? :loco:

Wyvern said:
Maybe they are realizing that their new material can't stand in front of the classic ones.

I bet they are.... ;)

Before thinking they are going the way of Nazareth, I want to believe they're going to kick Gers, breathe deeply, play a lot of classic stuff and then go back to the studio for the REAL follow-up to SSOASS.

Heh, you really CAN read my mind, can't you? :tickled:
Gers was always a thorn in Maiden's side IMO...

Ayeka said:
Or many because it's got a bunch of great songs on it? :loco:

Yeah right... :p

O man! Thats great news. I was kinda expecting it but it is nice to get it confirmed. It would be great if they did a double vocalists tour so that Paul Diannio could do the songs from the first two albums.

I have seen them several times with Diannio and he was great! I know, it will not happen but I can dream; right?

Hawk said:
It would be great if they did a double vocalists tour so that Paul Diannio could do the songs from the first two albums.

That would be awesome! And, based on the recent DVD, it doesn't appear as if there's any animosity between the two camps. Perhaps Smallwood can work it out?!
Since Maiden is a 'fans oriented' band, they really should consider such a thing. Heck, bring out Blaze for a couple of his strong tracks as well....it would be a dream-show. :headbang:

Anyway, I think seeing Paul belt our "Phantom of the Opera" or "Killers" again, on stage with Steve, would kick total ass!

SoundMaster said:
That would be awesome! And, based on the recent DVD, it doesn't appear as if there's any animosity between the two camps. Perhaps Smallwood can work it out?!
Since Maiden is a 'fans oriented' band, they really should consider such a thing. Heck, bring out Blaze for a couple of his strong tracks as well....it would be a dream-show. :headbang:

Anyway, I think seeing Paul belt our "Phantom of the Opera" or "Killers" again, on stage with Steve, would kick total ass!

I agree! I would love to see them with Paul again.

Not that there's anything wrong with Bruce. over the years I have come to like him a lot! He's a killer vocalist. :worship:

KMADD said:
Suits me fine I had to see them on the Somewhere In Time tour in 87 and with
Blaze in 96. I want to see them belt out the classics at ozzfest!!

That must of been a amazing show .. the Somewhere in Time show.. anyone see them on the Powerslave tour when Live After Death was recorded? ...