Upcoming Movies...

There were some cool ones posted here, these are the ones that I'm looking forward to.

Sherlock Holmes - Guy Ritchie retells the story with RDJ and Jude Law as Watson. This will be great.
sherlock-holmes-movie-robertdowney-boxing.jpg

Franklyn

9 - WOW!!

Terminator Salvation

Lastly I really hope they finish this one.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really looking forward to, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I'm a Gilliam fan.

The confirmed 2009 movies I'm most looking forward to:

The Road
Watchmen
The Brothers Bloom
Terminator Salvation
Game (just really curious how they pull this off)
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Lovely Bones

Hmmm...Haven't heard of that 9 movie, looks like it is going to be awesome, and I can't place that song, but I know I have heard it many times before just can't think of who it is, unless I am mistaken.

I think its Coheed and Cambria.

Yeah, the song is called Welcome Home.
Rock!
I first heard these guys on a jukebox in Morris, IL of all places.
Still waiting for a Chicago show.
They have a few tourdates scheduled:
http://www.myspace.com/coheedandcambria

But yeah...this movie looks pretty badass.
Anything by Tim Burton rules.

Still have two more years before the release of this masterpiece:

movieposter.jpg

My favorite movie of the past year:

IN BRUGES

Yes! That was a great movie with a great story! I was hoping it would win an Oscar too.

Speaking of the Oscars... I got about 15/24 guesses correct, though I should have done better. The only big surprises were Best Animated Short going to La Maison en Petite Cubes (Pieces of Love) and Best Foreign Film going to Departures. I thought it would be Presto and Waltz with Bashir respectively, but I'm really pleased with the results. Pieces of Love was by far my favorite of the nominated shorts, and Waltz with Bashir, though it won every other award for foreign films, was not at the top of my list. The Class was way better!

We saw all the animated and live action shorts at a local theater just before the Oscars. At the end of each segment it said the films were all available on iTunes. I recommend downloading them, they are really great!

Animated:
Lavatory - Lovestory
La Maison en Petite Cubes (Pieces of Love)
Oktapodi
This Way Up
Presto

Live Action:
The Pig (my favorite!)
New Boy
Speilzugland (Toyland)
On The Line
Manon on Asphalt

I finally watched In Bruges this morning, and wow, what a movie. That movie is definately being placed in my favorite movies list. I also watched the newest Rambo movie today, and I enjoyed that one as well. Talk about a movie with body parts flying everywhere. John Rambo was much much better than Rocky Balboa.

Oh come on Rocky Balboa was at least as good as Rocky II. I like both. Rambo was pure explosive enjoyment. It had value in also showing some of the issues over there.

I finally watched the above trailer for '9' - I totally want to see it...

As far as Coheed n' Cambria (or however ya spell it :p ) I checked out one of their CDs at a Best Buy and it didn't sound anything CLOSE to being that good... Not saying the song isn't them, but the newer stuff I heard sounds nothing even close to being that good (does that make sense!? ) :)

Their not new movies, but I watched 2 movies finally yesterday that have been on my list of movies to checkout. Felon(wtih Val Kilmer) and We Own the Night, and I enjoyed both of them very much and reccomend them if you haven't seen them.

Wow! It's cool that they're using the same actor (though significantly digitally de-aged) for Bilbo. That should be wicked good.

Not sure how correct this statement is. I found this tidbit at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/ It also appears that there's even a followup/sequel set to be filmed after this one, relating to the time in between The Hobbit and The LotR Trilogy.

"Ian Holm was originally asked to reprise the role of Bilbo, it is not officially known whether or not he has agreed to do so. It seems unlikely that he will and it is suggested that he will narrate the story instead."