Upcoming Movies...

As far as Coheed n' Cambria (or however ya spell it :p ) I checked out one of their CDs at a Best Buy and it didn't sound anything CLOSE to being that good... Not saying the song isn't them, but the newer stuff I heard sounds nothing even close to being that good (does that make sense!? ) :)

The song is on their myspace.
So, I hope it's them, or else someone is going to get pissed.

"Grand Torino", "Frost/Nixon" and possibly "X-Men: Origins"

I watched X-men origins this morning, and holy crap, I loved it. It was only the workprint, so it didn't have final editing and special effects, so now I definately can't wait to watch the finalized version. If I loved the workprint, the final product will definately blow me away. I wish that deadpool and gambit had bigger parts, cause they weren't in it enough, but Hugh did another awesome job as wolverine and the guy that played sabertooth did a great job.

Yeah, the studio is allll hot and bothered about that film leak. Officially, anyway.

Privately they're either thinking "cool, we're getting free advance publicity!" or "thanks, guys, great job by our Clandestine Marketing branch." :heh:

It seems you guys generally stick to the blockbusters so hopefully you'll give these a chance. Absolutely must see films:
Moon
500 Days of Summer
The Hurt Locker

If you like cooking, consider Julie & Julia. Saw that last night and it was really funny. A bit more of a chick flick though I thin guys who enjoy cooking can at least appreciate it.
Another one I'm really looking forward to is Adam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard amazing things about 'Moon' and 'The Hurt Locker'... And I'm really intrigued by the previews for 'District 9'...

I want to go see 'The Ugly Truth'.. yeah a chick flick and I haven't heard great things about it.. But Gerard Butler on a big screen for close to two hours - sign me up :p

Orphan's twist was spoiled by customers who come out of the show and talk to us about it. They just blurt it out, even after we say we haven't seen it yet. LOL!

One movie that's surprisingly fun is G-Force. The story is generic and they use every action movie cliché, BUT the graphics and animation are 2nd to none.

I haven't seen the last few releases yet, but by the end of the night I'll probably have seen The Ugly Truth. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I just read the Orphan spoiler.. This, in and of itself, is proof that ANYONE can write a script and get it made... Hollywood is truly desperate for a horror genre right now and will take whatever they can...