Upcoming Movies...

Saw Ponyo, the subbed version, not sure what they're showing in the USA... That was some unexplained fucked up shit. I have no idea what the fuck happened. strange.

It's the Disney theatrical release so being shown dubbed. Disney has the exclusive rights for all Miyazaki's work in the US. I don't mind as they actually do a pretty good job with the dubs compared to the US anime companies that have like 4 people who do all their main character voices.

As for the film, it's weird but probably one of Miyazaki's tamest movies. If you want to see fucked up I recommend Paprika. It looks absolutely fantastic on blu-ray but it's not a Miyazaki film.

Zombieland looks hilarious! My mom and I both enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, and it's the only zombie movie we've really liked so far. We both agreed that Zombieland looks like it's worth going to see, too. :)

Zombieland looks hilarious! My mom and I both enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, and it's the only zombie movie we've really liked so far. We both agreed that Zombieland looks like it's worth going to see, too. :)
Oh yeah! I forgot about Zombieland. :zombie: That's gonna be a fun movie. I loved Shaun of the Dead also.

Well, I was looking forward to GAMER a lot, but perhaps I was a little over-eager. This is easily the worst movie I've seen all year, but the real shame is that it had every potential to be amazing. So predictable and full of blurry, hyper-speed action scenes and sex that it's sick. The "no shot lasts more than 5 seconds" rule gets old real fast, especially when coupled with a convoluted storyline. Basically, the movie is The Matrix plays Halo for an hour then it goes for a walk in Second Life - but isn't as cool as any of them.

Here's my favorite review from rottentomatos.com

"A dull slog of endless action and sex, trying so hard to push the pleasure centers on the brains of its adolescent male audience that it wears itself, and the audience, out "

Yep.

I saw Thirst last night. Strongly recommended. Intelligent vampire morality play with some humor.

Well, I was looking forward to GAMER a lot, but perhaps I was a little over-eager. This is easily the worst movie I've seen all year, but the real shame is that it had every potential to be amazing. So predictable and full of blurry, hyper-speed action scenes and sex that it's sick. The "no shot lasts more than 5 seconds" rule gets old real fast, especially when coupled with a convoluted storyline. Basically, the movie is The Matrix plays Halo for an hour then it goes for a walk in Second Life - but isn't as cool as any of them.

Here's my favorite review from rottentomatos.com

"A dull slog of endless action and sex, trying so hard to push the pleasure centers on the brains of its adolescent male audience that it wears itself, and the audience, out "

Yep.

Yeah, Gamer doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. There were a couple of movies made in the 80's that were very similar and they were dumb as well.

~Brian~

One of the trailers for Gamer has a very short clip of a Within Temptation's Jillian. So I guess this is starting a trend since the last time a song of theirs was used that I'm aware of was that Blood and Chocolate film. :lol:

Saw a Zombieland screening yesterday. Hilarious movie. It's up there with Shaun of the Dead. I do suggest going in without looking at the full cast though. You'll spoil a hilarious moment for yourself.

Saw a Zombieland screening yesterday. Hilarious movie. It's up there with Shaun of the Dead. I do suggest going in without looking at the full cast though. You'll spoil a hilarious moment for yourself.

ZOMBIELAND!!! I'm looking forward to this movie so much. And I hate zombie movies. But since I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, I figured I'd enjoy this movie based on the trailers I saw.