Upcoming Shows to heal your sadness

If I weren't attending RUSH on Saturday at the Quickie Lube (Jiffy Lube Live), I'd seriously take you up on the offer. But even driving up there from Fredrednecksburg is a pain in the ass. I do need to see Division though! I really do! Especially now that I have Control Issues! :headbang:

Thanks, bro. We're on at 10PM, if this helps your decision-making - it won't be a late night. :kickass:

I saw this tour the Wednesday before ProgPower in Baltimore. It was very good!! I personally am not a fan of the vocals of Swallow the Sun & they were super serious looking on stage, but Orphaned Land was awesome as usual, and it was my first time seeing Katatonia. They put on a very mellow show, but still enjoyable. I will be writing up a more in depth review with photos on www.usaprogmusic.com

I am *so* mad at myself for forgetting about that one, as I'll be out of town when they play at Jaxx. :(

PUYA: September 25th, San Juan, PR... Check out their new EP "Areyto"
LAMB OF GOD: October 8, San Juan, PR
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES: November 10, Orlando, FL... I'm really excited about the chance to see them live for the 1st time
OVERKILL: November 13, Orlando, FL

Pathfinder Metal Fest, then Styx performing Pieces of Eight and The Grand Illusion in their entirety PLUS other songs, followed by a front-row stint with Blind Guardian in December...

I'm healed.

An unexpected twist of travel-related events has basically undone and redone what I had planned to see in the near future:

I will now miss (in the Dallas area):
Rush (this will be the my first missed Rush tour since I started seeing their tours regularly in 1982)
Katatonia/Swallow The Sun/Orphaned Land
Accept
Nevermore
....and I'm sure I'm forgetting a thing or three.

However, due to the shift in travel plans I now likely get to see:
Therion (in Santiago, Chile)
Sonata Arctica (in Santiago, Chile)
Triptykon (in the Dallas area)
....and I'm likely leaving some stuff out here too.

All in all, the latter part of this year is shaping up nicely concert-wise!

9/25 - Halcyon Way CD release party at The Local in Marietta, GA
10/1-Slayer/MegaDeath/Anthrax-Gwinett Arena
10/2-Brookstock with VOR-
11/5-Circle2Circle-The Local
11/6-Pathfinder MEtal Fest-The Local

9/25 Halcyon Way
9/28 Alice in Chains
10/1 Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax
10/13 Nevermore
10/15 Cage
11/5 CIIC
11/6 Pathfinder Metalfest
11/15 Overkill
12/17 Epica
12/19 Blind Guardian
And Roger Waters maybe in November

these are not "healer" gigs as I didn't go progpower obviously but in any case these are possibles and 1 definite.

20th Sep - Heidenfest Ensiferum + Swashbuckle + Equilibrium + Heidevolk Love 3 of these, don't like Swachbuckle. Only thing is I'm sick as a dog at the mo. If the gig was tonite I'd be stuffed. By Monday I may be better. Not sure about this and it is a bit expensive, though I'd love to see Equiibrium live, love that band. Would you go to this?

26th Sep - Blind Guardian + Steelwing - Not going.

4th Oct. Jorn. I think I have to go to this. Never seen the man. Surely I must summon up the will to attend. Maybe he'll do a Dio song from the tribute.

Oct 14th - Sabaton + Alestorm. No brainer. Be there or be a non-power metal loving buffoon!