Update

Dan Swanö

The Watcher
Nov 3, 2001
www.swano.com
What's happening???

it's been a while since I updated you on the current development of the records I am about to make with my friends in Nightingale, Bloodbath and Second Sky. So here we go.I am currently preparing the Nightingale pre-productions for mix and as soon as my brother finishes his guitarsolos and a few synthesizer tracks, we're all set for destruction. Then I will send this to the engineer at Studio Underground and we'll use it to listen and learn from our own (mis)takes or just rock-out to. The material is extremely varied everything from metal (Brother Nouga goes chugga-chugga in "A Raincheck for my demise") to the fusion/grunge (!!!) of "Worlds Apart" My fave this far is the doom-laden "Stalingrad" which can take the happiness out of any living creature...There's something for every taste...and since my musictaste is the wierdest ever, I love them all!! The cover is in preparation, I have recieved some promising suggestions from the guy that did the "Shadowman" and "Shadowland Serenade" picture from the AA booklet, mr. Guyla or Hungary fame. Nothing is 100% yet, but I have got a good feeling that he's the man to visualize the lyrics to "Invisible".

With Bloodbath things are looking cool. We enter the studio Kuling the 4th of May and have booked the place for 14 days. I will not be able to spend too much time there since I am working at the musicstore most of the times. So will record my parts at home and also lock up Mr. Tägtgren in my own vocalbooth to sing on the tracks that I have written. My tracks are pretty standard Swanö-death songs with no bigger surprises, apart from being very good of course ;) the titles are "Stillborn Savior", "Eaten", "Brave New Hell" and "The Ascension". The album will be called "Nightmares Made Flesh" and Century Media will release it during the autumn....The drums for Second Sky will be record in a little cottage out in the countryside just outside Örebro. I have always dreamt of doing an "in house" recording and it feels suitable to do it now when the stakes are higher than ever...This album will not be ready for release until the end of 2005. So there will be more updates on this one in the future.

¨
Dan

death021.gif

You must be joking, right? We cannot wait until the end of 2005!! You can't do that to us!! Please, please, say that you finished recording Second Sky, and it will be released in the next couple of weeks!!

Great news, Dan! I have absolutely no qualms waiting until the end of 2005 for the Second Sky album...if we're getting killer Nightingale and Bloodbath albums in between! :)

Sweet deal... glad to hear things are coming along nicely. End of 2005 eh? Drat.

Where in Sweden is the music store you work at? Me and a friend are taking a trip to europe in July, and would love to come stalk... er.... see the place you work at!

Also, new sig material:
Dan Swanö said:
Brother Nouga goes chugga-chugga

Really looking forward to the Nightingale... and Bloodbath... and Second Sky.. and the Edge of San... ehr. Yeah.

It seems like sometimes nothing is ever good enough! Good god, Dan is releasing two projects within 6 months now, working a job AND raising his family... I can wait until the end of 2005 for Second Sky.

Dan is fucking amazing! Why can't every artist be so prolific?
We can wait til the end of 2005, but let's just hope he meant end of 2004 or beginning of 2005 instead!

Hi Dan:
Huge Nightingale fan here, I think all the work is just BRILLIANT! Thanks very much for the information given (you've made me even more curious!) I can't wait until it finally comes out! Speaking of which...could you give us an approximate date if possible?
All the best and cheers!
:)

wardwarf said:
It seems like sometimes nothing is ever good enough! Good god, Dan is releasing two projects within 6 months now, working a job AND raising his family... I can wait until the end of 2005 for Second Sky.
If you're refering to me, I was being sarcastic you know...