Update

Rev. Clayton

The Singer
Sep 4, 2006
www.suspyre.com
After a vocal delay (all on me) I have plans to go in next weekend to do some work on another track. I have heard the scratch of this song many times, but it's really tough...and at this point I have no idea how it's going to be sung and sound. I'm just excited to get back in there and see what the moment gives. Hopefully we'll have a few video clips of the day.

Clay

Just thought I'd post an update too, just to let you all know we're still alive.

I'm mostly done with my guitar tracks; there are just a few sections where I think I want a different sound. I didn't double the acoustics on this album and I think I'm regretting it. My favorite acoustic sound was the beginning of "The Spirit" and that was a doubled Martin and a doubled Gibson, (having to play that perfectly four times sure caused some hand cramps).

I have three pretty decent mixes ready. I guarantee they will continue to change until the release date.

So now with preliminary vocals completed for 5 of the 10 tracks...the album is starting to take some shape. There are a few kinks that I'll need to work out of a couple of them, but for the most part they are coming out pretty nicely. We've been taking a lot of footage of everything...so hopefully we can keep everyone up to date.

There's a show this Thursday night in NY. It won't be a long set, but we're playing with the awesome duders from Creation's End. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully more to come in the future.

Rock and roll everyone.

Clay

Here's a question....will there be an instrumental on the next album?

Will there be a track with no vocals? Possibly.

But I think more importantly, and not-surprisingly for us, there are some songs on this one where the instrumental sections amount for many minutes of music, enough to allow it to be its own track. The idea of "instrumental" could just be defined by track numbers...heh.

On the other hand, Clay recorded a song the other day where there were only a few parts with no vocals. Okay...don't want to give too much information!

Yeah, I figured there would some extended imstrumental parts within a song. You've done that in the past. Was curious to know if there would be an actual full song with no vocals.

So, a song with only a few parts with no vocals, eh? Either it's really, really short.....or.....I don't know. Guess I'll just have to wait.

[Tom Petty singing]
The waiting is the hardest part
[/Tom Petty singing]

Hey everyone,

Just a quick note...I've found time to schedule some recording sessions recently and I'm happy to say I've only got two more songs left to do vocals on. The two songs left are the acoustic college rock ballad and the epic melt your face song, therefore, I still have my work cut out for me.

The album is really starting to take shape, and I have to say that I've done things different on this album than ever before. I have actually been able to go back and correct parts, after listening to them, that I knew could be better. This process is going really well and the songs are really molding together nicely.

I would guess that 3 more sessions are probably all that's needed for me to finish up my contributions. I don't know when I will have the chance to get those scheduled, but with the finish line close I am anxious to get there.

Thanks for letting me talk about an album you haven't heard. :)

Clay