Upload of the 10 most depressive songs

The_Loveless

Oct 4, 2002
Germany
Visit site
Hi everybody!!

I want to upload my Top Ten most depressive songs on my server, and hope that there will be some people which dont know the bands I am gonna to choose :))

First of all comes the band TEARS !!

They're from Finland and released a MCD called "PIECES"

I uploaded the song PIECES which is TOTALLY depressive!!
Music: Some kind of Anathema's (not the older ones and not the new ones.. maybe a mix of A4 and Judgement)

The Link:

TEARS - Pieces

Would be cool if many more people would give us the pure melancholic depressive sound that our Ears love to hear :)
So, People, Give me your Song-Tips!!
:))

I'm gonna give you a link to a song that somebody on UM created. While it isn't depressing as such, it's so sad that it nearly brings me to tears whenever I heard it. The chap who did this is a genius. His name is Mikey Smith (username of Bumblefoot). Here you are - and have the tissues ready :cry: :cry:.

@bleedingfilth.. If you mean me :)) Yes, I have more.. I can send it to you with ICQ if you want..

@rustymetal -- YOU ARE MY MAN!! :))) I love this Acoustic Guitar SOngs!! I have VERY VERY much of that kind of songs!! Will upload some of them for you :)) GREAT ONE!!

OH! Hey I just thought of depressing song.........

The Tea Party- Psychopomp. If that's how you spell it anywhoo.
It made me cry when I heard it.

You should be able to find it on WinMX or Kazaa

Originally posted by The_Loveless

@rustymetal -- YOU ARE MY MAN!! :))) I love this Acoustic Guitar SOngs!! I have VERY VERY much of that kind of songs!! Will upload some of them for you :)) GREAT ONE!!
That would be great, my friend. I am also in the middle of creating a song in a similar vein, although I'm not happy with it at the moment and it will have to change. I'll let you know when it's done, though it will be a few weeks minimum.

Originally posted by rustymetal
I'm gonna give you a link to a song that somebody on UM created. While it isn't depressing as such, it's so sad that it nearly brings me to tears whenever I heard it. The chap who did this is a genius. His name is Mikey Smith (username of Bumblefoot). Here you are - and have the tissues ready :cry: :cry:.

That song is so great, always liked it.
From that guy i learnt another very sad song:
Kevin Gilbert - Song for a dead friend, check it out!

others:
Damien Jurado - Flowers in the yard
Saturnus - For your demons
Red House Painters - Katy song
Anathema - Alone
Anywhen - Dinah and the beautiful blue
Deus - Right as rain

Just some ;)

Originally posted by The_Loveless
Cool!!!! Yeah, I really would like to hear it :)))

Hey, by the way.. I post also some songs of mine..
Short songs :))
First one: Not a guitar solo, but nice I think :))

The Links:

SUNDROWN (mp3)

SUNDROWN (lyric)

Or ANOTHER one :

FLY TO REALITY (mp3)

Ok, and the last for the beginning :))

SHAKESPEAR SONETTE

This one are Lyrics of Shakepear .. I tried to give them a sound..
Sorry, but its in German language :))
I'll check them out this weekend. :)

Once again these suggestions are more for sadness than depression, but Face of Melinda and To Bid You Farewell are the two saddest Opeth songs (in my most humble of opinions, of course :D )... also try out Dirge for November (still Opeth). If you haven't already, of course :).

Maudlin of the Well- Girl With A Watering Can

you can download this one on mp3.com.. this is a great freakin band... the lyrics are unreal.

"I held all of Heaven dead in my arms,
And in one moment, I knew all of Hell.

Nothing but a body, naked, beaten,
The wreck of a soul, amidst thorns bleeding.
Bitterness is all God hath created;
A proud king among the failures of dreams.

I believe one love could be worth a life,
For life I would have burn'd myself away--
For nothing, life hath left me burning alone.

Girl, know that time leaves dust on my scars;
When the moment has pass'd, thousands will die.
I will remember when ghosts were mighty,
And I will laugh and catch my own tears. "

@RustyMetal: Finally, someone who appreciates the beauty of Dirge for November. Everyone on the Opeth board was so quick to rip that song to shreds, due to the repitition of the middle part, but it's that same middle part that I find to be so damned heartwrenching. Everytime that part kicks in, it just drains me. The same goes for Face of Melinda when the electric part kicks in [the whole song is great, though]. I just learned how to play that song on guitar-- it's one of the most satisfying bits I've learned yet.

As for some of my suggestions for most depressing song...

Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
Joe Satriani - Midnight [depressing just because listening to it makes me feel like the shittiest guitar player alive]
Katatonia - Black Session
Opeth - Silhouette
Summoning - Where Hope and Daylight Die
Death - Voice of the Soul [but, any song, really, since Chuck's passing :( ]
Shape of Despair - Fallen
Cradle of Filth - Bathory Aria [A Murder of Ravens in Fugue, in particular]
Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges

There are others, I'm sure, but I can't recall at the moment. I am, however, going to provide you with some video game soundtrack songs that are simply spellbinding in their despair. I know that some people will dismiss the above statement as soon as he/she reads "video game", but video games need musical atmosphere as much as or more than most movies, so the best in the business are recruited [well, most times]

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Final Toccata
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Woodcarving Palteeta
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Requiem of the Gods
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Pearl Dance Song
Final Fantasy VI - Searching for Friends
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VI - Dark World

And many others I'm just too lazy to type out.

Originally posted by Elysian Blaze
@RustyMetal: Finally, someone who appreciates the beauty of Dirge for November. Everyone on the Opeth board was so quick to rip that song to shreds, due to the repitition of the middle part, but it's that same middle part that I find to be so damned heartwrenching. Everytime that part kicks in, it just drains me. The same goes for Face of Melinda when the electric part kicks in [the whole song is great, though]. I just learned how to play that song on guitar-- it's one of the most satisfying bits I've learned yet.
Yeh I know what you mean about the middle part of Dirge... it does exactly what the song needs. I'm also learning Face of Melinda, but I've only got up to the "Words would falter to atone" bit, learning the acoustic part rather than the electric part.

And also, the Moonlight Sonata is incredible, I started to learn and tab it out for two guitars and a bass, but about a minute from the end I got bored and stopped. Maybe I'll resume it in a while...