upload your best songs here...

wait, is this about that 7th Son cover compilation?
or about us covering Anathema tunes? :confused:
i'd be up for it :hotjump: tho i dont know what Danny might think of that.

Achernar said:
I'm already working on my song. So everyone start at once FFS!

with what instument ffs, i don't play one
but because you told us to start i will try

so, anybody knows a cheap and easy learning instrument

and no, i'm not gonna do an a capella version (it is better for your ears)

I'm using mainly computer soft and synths to do the trick. A Clavia Nordlead II and a Korg Trinity together with some legal (ahem) software synths and samplers. I'll post all equipment used when the song is done. Maybe I'll use the Microkorg I just borrowed (like...forever :D ).

so, and what kind of computersoftware would you recomand me? so i can start like this week and then it 'll be finished maybe in a year :)

Well, there's plenty of stuff you can use. From Steinberg's Nuendo or Cubase SX, to Cakewalk's Sonar or Even Pro Tools or Logic audio Platinum (last two ones are for Mac though). Then you can use some nice software synths and samplers. Native instruments, Spectrasonics, Gmedia or even steinberg have some nice synths. :) You'll need a machine with a nice soundcard though. Cuz it'll need ASIO. :D

i'm gonna check it out and hopefully there will be a place for me on the 'coveralbum',
yeah, the start of a musical carreer :hotjump: *dreaming of this big stadiumtour, hmmm stadiumtours*

Achernar said:
Well, there's plenty of stuff you can use. From Steinberg's Nuendo or Cubase SX, to Cakewalk's Sonar or Even Pro Tools or Logic audio Platinum (last two ones are for Mac though). Then you can use some nice software synths and samplers. Native instruments, Spectrasonics, Gmedia or even steinberg have some nice synths. :) You'll need a machine with a nice soundcard though. Cuz it'll need ASIO. :D
wow, achernar, didn't know you speak chinese!:D

someone said me once that antimatter lads dont like being covered so i think strangelight should also be asked about it as he wrote so many anathema songs..
imo its far more difficult and shitty work to cover them because the songs that deep, thoughts-ful, very personal, so its a great challange to avoid making fun of it and welll.. i couldnt do that. I mean, I couldn't do music that fits the content, which is at the same level as the lyrics, which I could pay homage with. And if i cant, and its just a silly game, then I'd better fuck with ABBA instead. Whatuthink?

- i forgot about this thread. DL your stuff and going to listen to it later

-danny, did you check them out? what do you think?

- so what about this cover thing?

Dora said:
someone said me once that antimatter lads dont like being covered so i think strangelight should also be asked about it as he wrote so many anathema songs..
imo its far more difficult and shitty work to cover them because the songs that deep, thoughts-ful, very personal, so its a great challange to avoid making fun of it and welll.. i couldnt do that. I mean, I couldn't do music that fits the content, which is at the same level as the lyrics, which I could pay homage with. And if i cant, and its just a silly game, then I'd better fuck with ABBA instead. Whatuthink?
who told you we didnt like being covered?

If we're retrying an Anathema cover thingie I'd LOVE to do At One With the Earth! :heh::heh: Although I think my guitar needs to be tuned down all the way and I ain't doing that :(
Otherwise I'll give The Silent Enigma a try, Eternity 1 or 3, or Fragile Dreams. I'd even like to try Alternative 4 but it's not gonna work with the drums and I don't have decent software for keyboards. And Sleepless would be no problem but I can't do the solooooooooo (yet) :cry: