Uploading videos to Facebook

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I always use Youtube, as I'm sure most of you do, but tried to upload a video directly to FB last week and the sound was shockingly bad. I know, I know, FB video doesn't sound good but this was garbled phasy crap that sounded far worse than a lowset quality MP3.
Other videos I see on FB are never as bad as this.
I thought maybe it was an upload problem so I uploaded another video and got the exact same results.
Does anyone here successfully post video to facebook that sounds ok, not expecting great sound but at least listenable to the point that I can upload the video and link to a HQ Youtube video.
What frame rate and audio sample rate do you use?
At the moment, I can't use facebbok video at all.

Yeah whenever I've watched pretty much anything on Facebook video it's always sounded like total shit. It's a fucker though as I think Facebook restrict the reach of Youtube links and push Facebook vids more, so you're probably right to post on FB vid and have a link to the HD Youtube version.

Yep, Facebook push their own local media now, they're also working on a monetization feature for facebook videos, hooray for money made from dogshit audio!

Same here. I recently uploaded a video to Facebook and its quality compared to the Youtube video is really bad. I hope Facebook realizes some of its audience actually cares about video and sound quality.